Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Can't sleep, I've got horrible pains in my left foot and right arm. It feel like someone's stabbing my foot with a really large needle and my right forearm feels as though it's on fire. BGL 12.1. Thank heavens I have the Olympics to help me pass the time.

Can't sleep, I've got horrible pains in my left foot and right arm. It feel like someone's stabbing my foot with a really large needle and my right forearm feels as though it's on fire. BGL 12.1. Thank heavens I have the Olympics to help me pass the time.

Dear AlisonM,

I got the pain in both feet, when I last went to see the DSN she said it was the the start of neuropathy and there was nothing that could be done to cure it :( The good news is as long as the pain can be felt the nerves are not dead. It might be a good idea to see the Doc if it gets too bad - they can give you something to relieve the pain.

Warmest Regards Dodger

That's precisely what I get, but only occasionally - like someone driving a darning needle (remember them?) into my big toe. From what I've read it is likely to be transient neuropathy caused by either higher than normal levels or an increased sensitivity in the nerves as levels reduce - fickle diabetes! This is what salmonpuff has been suffering from and has been prescribed gabapentin for, so worth a chat to the doctor.

I have that!!!! Because of my running high for ages whilst at uni and probably before. Mine's getting better though, albeit slowly and sometimes rather painfully 🙄 doc prescribed me gabapentin which does just the job, even if i don't like taking them. If I were you I'd go and see the doctor 🙂 good luck, and you'll be ok!!!

Hope the pain subsides. if it is persistent, see your doctor. Anything unexplainable is worth getting checked. I sometimes get cramp in my right leg. I was told that this is due to an injury I had doing PE at school when I was 12 because I wasn't given proper physotherapy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back