Pains in fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMus

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Diabetes 2, 3 month review today and wasn’t great news. Blood sugar was 94 now 61 but needs to be 48. Suggested increase in Metformin and addition of statin for Cholesterol control.
However, I get pain in the top knuckles of my fingers on right hand- is this related?

However, I get pain in the top knuckles of my fingers on right hand- is this related?
Possibly, but only an HCP can tell you one way or another. Over time, uncontrolled diabetes can affect the muscles and skeleton, leading to joint pain, nerve damage, and other symptoms and I believe there is a higher incidence of arthritis in adults with diabetes than in the population as a whole.

Good reduction in HbA1c - well done - but still some way to go if you want to drop below the diabetes threshold. Odd that you've been told it should be 48. I would have thought that below 48 would be the desired aim, and ultimately below 42.

Thanks for the encouragement- I was feeling pretty depressed about it!
48 is my set target to get to. I had hoped that radical change in the last 3 months would have done it, but I guess 94 to 48 was a bit unrealistic...onwards we go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back