• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Painless K'Watch Glucose blood-free CGM smartwatch produces positive first-in-human trial results

Bruce Stephens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
MARD of 16% (current CGMs are usually around 10% or a little less), so comparable, especially if they can get it a bit lower. Price is projected to be $199, "with the replaceable K’apsul Glucose sensors costing about $99.90 a month." which seems like a bigger problem to me, but maybe it'll be competitive or have some niche use. (Maybe the watch can be taken off so someone could use it every other day or something.)

As I can read my BG on my watch, the info being supplied by my Dexcom sensor, the sales pitch passes me by.

Sounds like expensive K'rap.

The term "painless" (or conversely "painful") when applied to blood glucose testing is a trigger for me.
I understand that some people do have conditions which mean that finger pricking can hurt but for most of us, with the right technique, 10+ pricks per day can be done without any pain.
Selling CGMs as a replacement for finger pricks is like selling a smart phone to make phone calls. The value of a CGM is the Continuous part of the Glucose Monitoring.

(Sorry, mini-rant over :rolleyes: )

As I can read my BG on my watch, the info being supplied by my Dexcom sensor, the sales pitch passes me by.
I think the point is there's nothing insurteed into your skin or attached to you. It just rests on your wirst

Back