Painful toe’s neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

willowmina1914

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone got any advice on footwear to buy for painful toes neuropathy. Find it difficult to wear any shoes or even slippers. Can only wear open toe sandals but this isn’t good during the winter months. Desperate to find some shoes to wear

Has anyone got any advice on footwear to buy for painful toes neuropathy. Find it difficult to wear any shoes or even slippers. Can only wear open toe sandals but this isn’t good during the winter months. Desperate to find some shoes to wear
You could try shoes from this website, I know it is not easy to know without trying on but you can return if not suitable.

Thanks. I have had a look for some reason the diabetic footwear are wide fitting. Its for a slim foot but extreme pain on the toes

Welcome @willowmina1914 🙂 Sorry to hear you’re in pain. I hope you’re getting some help with the neuropathy?

How about the shoes they give people when they’ve had a foot injury? Something like this (they have various sizes and are cheap to try):

Yeah, but they're 'open toed' sandals again. I have a lot more success with more expensive shoes and always have. eg Clarks (normal Clarks shops rather than their 'outlet' stores since the latter are not always true to size) and Van Dal. (if you can find a shop that still sells Van Dal)

Are your feet and toes swollen? If so, the doctor should be prescribing a diuretic, to reduce the swelling.

Perhaps the doctor would refer you to NHS Podiatry, but don't hold your breath for the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back