Pain ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sianee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi guys, im 20 years old and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 18 months ago. i have been suffering with reoccuring bouts of severe abdominal pain. has anyone else suffered from this? i have looked into a few other avenues of what this pain maybe but i just want to make sure i can rule out diabetes as a cause for this. thanks xx

Hi Sianee, I haven't experienced anything like that since I was diagnosed - something to quiz your GP about I think.

Yep go to the Dr I found out that I had Helicobacter Pylori it?s really painful and needs antibiotics to treat it, took 3 months to find out that I had it as they thought it was something to do with my diabetes, don?t let it linger because if it is it will only get worse and take longer to get better.

Be persistent with your doctor as no one should be in pain. Where do you get your diabetic care? May be worth also talking to your DSN, or if the pain gets too much go to A&E.

I seem to have a similar problem.

However, it is definitely worse for me after my odd naughty bout with dry roasted peanuts! If I stop eating them, the pain goes away!

Is there something in your diet perhaps?

Andy

Could be IBS, I don't suffer from it myself but my wife does. She used to get really bad stomach pains and after a process of trial and error it turned out that it was alcohol causing it.

She stopped drinking cider and instead has the odd glass of wine and now rarely has any issues. So I guess as Andy said it could be something in your diet. I definately recommend discussing it with your GP. It could be something simple to sort out but don't leave it to chance!

thanks for all your replies guys.
have seen various different doctors over the past year since this pain started, have been given 5 different lots of tablets to treat IBS but as of yet nothing has worked. have tried cutting things out of my diet and kept a diary of what i eat, my sugar levels and times when i get this pain and nothing seems to be causing this. i am now being tested for bowel cancer as i have a history of it in my family and because diabetes makes you so much more at risk. the doctor mentioned that if your sugars are high for prolonged periods of time this can obviously damage your bowels and cause pain. i just need to find a diagnosis for this! its driving me mad and i spend every day of my life in agonising pain. please, if any of you know someone who has or is suffering from this please let me know, im desperate. xx

Perhaps it might pay you to have a review of your medication with your GP or DSN? Some tablets cause similar symptoms to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back