Pain in legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapmanlmc

My husband is newly diagnosed with type 2. He suffers daily with pains in his legs and pins and needles in his feet. The doctor doesnt seem to be listening. Does anyone else have this and what did you do about it.

The pins and needles in the toes are often associate with nerve damage that occurred while the BG levels were to high. They"ll tend not to get any worse but by the same token, not any better either : (

Alistair

Painful feet and legs

I have had diabetes for 14 years. Last year I started to suffer from really painful nerve damage with extremely painful feet and legs and swollen feet. There is help out there! If your doctor isn't able to help you could ask the GP nurse or podiatrist. I did and now I can cope and know what to do if the pain gets too bad. Good luck.

your husband needs a full assessment by a podiatorist. there are different medications that can help neuropathic pain.
I'm going to my GP next week to see if I can get on soem medication, I have nerve damage in my feet but don't yet have the loss of sensation associated with neuopathy

My husband is newly diagnosed with type 2. He suffers daily with pains in his legs and pins and needles in his feet. The doctor doesnt seem to be listening. Does anyone else have this and what did you do about it.
He is not alone - I am T2 and have pains in my legs and feet, and tingling in my hands and arms. From reading postings on an N.American site, it seems that many of us have such symptons, maybe called peripheral neuropathy. Control of blood sugar level seems to be the best answer. Best wishes

Good blood sugar control will lessen the pins and needles. I take LYRICA for painful feet/legs and I find that works well. AMITRIPTYLINE is another drug that can help with neuropathic pain.

Your husband need good sugar control, it will help, but if the pain and pins and needles get too bad he needs to be persistent until he gets some answers. I find bathing my feet in luke warm water helps a little, and if possible take regular short walks. Keeping active helps to improve the circulation and keep sugar levels down. Good luck, I hope he feels better soon.

yup i get pins and needles in hands often and sometimes my calfs ache to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back