Paid Glucose Meter Research Opportunity (London)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidge63

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I received an email today inviting me to an hour interview about blood glucose meters, they are particularly interested in people who use the Aviva brand, there is a payment of ?80 after the interview. I have done a couple of these before but with a different research company, I have emailed to say I am interested. If anyone does take up this opportunity can you say that you were referred by David Ludlow. Here are the details:

Blood Glucose Monotoring Study - ref 102367

Dear David LUDLOW,
WorldOne Research is currently organizing a study on the management of diabetes.
We need to speak to diabetics who use blood glucose meters. We are particularly interested in the model Aviva.
The purpose of the study is to examine and gain insight into the ways patients manage their condition. The process will help us to better understand the needs of diabetics.
We would like to invite suitable qualified individuals to participate in a 1 hour in-person interview at a central location in London for which we will be offering a ?80 honorarium which you will receive following the interview at the venue.
This is not a clinical trial and you will not be asked to test any medication or device.
IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS
The interviews will take please in LONDON on the following dates:
Central location, London (Central Line ? Oxford Circus) ? 16th - 21st August 2010
Appointments: 1 hour appointments between 8.00am and 8.00pm BST

CRITERIA: (Aged 30 - 70, blood glucose meter users, insulin or non insulin users)
Additionally, if you are able to refer any other suitably qualified persons to this workshop, we will be most happy offer you a referral fee of ?20 for each patient who participates.
The number of patients you can refer is unlimited. They can call our direct line on 0207 252 1118 ext 2103 or you can send through their contact details.
Prior to referring patients to us to take part in this study, please gain consent from your patients to do so.
To book your place or if you require any further information, please reply to this email olivia.conde@worldone.com or call a member of the Diabetes Research team on the number above.
We would like to remind you that the results of our studies are for analytical purposes only and confidentiality will be strictly maintained.

Sincerely,
LeadMedicalPanel Team
www.leadmedicalpanel.com
panelsupport@leadmedicalpanel.com
We would like to remind you that the results of our studies are for analytical purposes only and your confidentiality will be strictly maintained. Our research is treated in accordance with Esomar and MRS Code of Conduct
Ensure our emails reach your inbox by adding the domain leadmedicalpanel.com to your safe sender list.
If you do not wish to be contacted again, please go to this link: http://remove.leadmedicalpanel.com
Copyright 2010 - LeadMedicalPanel - 2/3 Unity Wharf ? 13 Mill Street, SE1 2BH, London, UK

Thanks for this, I'm sure there are plenty who will take the offer up. Good luck to anyone who wishes to take part.

Do they pay expenses too, or just the ?80? Otherwise they are likely to get a very London-centric version of their research!

I think it may depend where the research is being held. If it is near Euston or Kings Cross for example, people come into those stations from all over the place for work, and if the research is only going to take a short time (geuss work on my part) it may be possible to do in a lunch hour or an extended tea break.

It says something about Oxford Circus tube station, so I presume the venue will be near there. The last one I did was about a 5 - 10 min walk from there to the place they hired. I am waiting for them to call me to see if I qualify.. I doubt they pay expenses as they would probably say the ?80 would cover expenses?

I think that my 99 twin brothers and I would be quite interested! But we don't use that meter (although I'm intrigued as to why the meter make is important?).

Andy 🙂

I think that my 99 twin brothers and I would be quite interested! But we don't use that meter (although I'm intrigued as to why the meter make is important?).

Andy 🙂

Perhaps it's Roche that are commisioning it. I use an Aviva and an Aviva Nano, and always have.

They phoned me back but they already have enough people who use One Touch meters for their research. You don't have to use an Aviva to go for the research.

i work in picadilly but i am only 26 years old :( have emailed them nonetheless considering i am so close to Oxford circus, will let you all know if i hear anything back

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back