Ozempic

Sunset Traveller

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello, I have just finished my fourth weekly Ozempic 0.25 mg and I am now due to start 1.0. Has anyone been prescribed this weekly insulin and can share any personal thoughts regarding side-effects (if any) or any other observations on Ozempic? Thank you

Hello. Are you sure it’s 1.0 you’re due to start? Usually after 0.25 you’d start 0.5. You should then see a gradually building effect over the next month as the higher dose takes effect.

Also just to clarify, ozempic is not insulin, it’s a non insulin medication for T2 diabetes. How have you found it so far?

Hiya I've just moved up from 0.5 to 1 this will be my 3rd week, so far not had major issues , although do feel sickly and try ache now and again, I'm sure it's just my body getting used to it :) my appetite is hardly there either , just suffering with a bit of light-headedness aswell. Let me know how you get on ::) x

Hello, I have just finished my fourth weekly Ozempic 0.25 mg and I am now due to start 1.0. Has anyone been prescribed this weekly insulin and can share any personal thoughts regarding side-effects (if any) or any other observations on Ozempic? Thank you
Hi

My son has been on Ozempic for over a year and is doing great on it, he’s lost lots of weight too. The only side effects he has are sometimes an upset tummy and not feeling hungry the day of his injection and up to 2 days after. Good luck with it.

Welcome to the forum @Sunset Traveller

We’ve had quite a few people starting on Ozempic over the years, and it seems to be becoming more and more common as an option that‘s offered to people.

Have you had any unpleasant symptoms since starting? I think some people can experience some loss of appetite, and can have some nausea or stomach upset, which seems to be easier if you start on a low dose and ramp up slowly.

Good to hear ST. Hope your increased dose is effective.

Ive just completed 4 weeks of 0.25 dose. My nurse was very suprised that I hadnt had dramatic results and weight loss - surely this dosent happen with the initial starter dose?

Back