• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.
  • Take a look at our new Type 2 Diabetes Remission section on the Diabetes UK website: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/type-2-remission

Ozempic Supply issues

wolfy666

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

Anyone else in the same boat with my with a complex medication history being on Ozempic and making massive improvements only to find its out of stock untill mid next year on collecting there prescription?

I've heard 3rd hand they arn't taking on new prescriptions but though existing was still ongoing.

Is there a way we can complain about the process as ideally I would of like to be told in advance there is problem and not only on the collection day, ideally like they may be supplies issues ahead so can plan for any adverse reactions

Kind regards

Sorry to hear you have been caught up in the supply issues of Ozempic @wolfy666 :(

The supply issues have been grumbling along since last Autumn, when Novo Nordisk said this

There is a current challenge with regards to stock of Ozempic® in a 1.0mg dose. The shortage is due to unprecedented levels of demand for this medicine which Novo Nordisk are working hard to remedy. They state that any healthcare professionals that are experiencing stock issues, appropriately evaluate their therapeutic options, such as alternative GLP-1 RA preparations.

As of the end of May 2023 the disruption to supply was being described as ‘intermittent’, but likely to continue for the rest of the year. :(

Sorry to hear you have been caught up in the supply issues of Ozempic @wolfy666 :(

The supply issues have been grumbling along since last Autumn, when Novo Nordisk said this

There is a current challenge with regards to stock of Ozempic® in a 1.0mg dose. The shortage is due to unprecedented levels of demand for this medicine which Novo Nordisk are working hard to remedy. They state that any healthcare professionals that are experiencing stock issues, appropriately evaluate their therapeutic options, such as alternative GLP-1 RA preparations.

As of the end of May 2023 the disruption to supply was being described as ‘intermittent’, but likely to continue for the rest of the year. :(
Is there any idea if this is due to the recent publicity of it around weight loss and it being featured in the media?

Is there any idea if this is due to the recent publicity of it around weight loss and it being featured in the media?
Read the Novo Nordisk statement and your answer is there...
The shortage is due to unprecedented levels of demand for this medicine which Novo Nordisk are working hard to remedy.

Read the Novo Nordisk statement and your answer is there...
The shortage is due to unprecedented levels of demand for this medicine which Novo Nordisk are working hard to remedy.
I suspect yes but does not say if is the diet industry or demand from patients , I know it’s a hot topic on social media with both sides desperately wanting the drug.

I suspect yes but does not say if is the diet industry or demand from patients , I know it’s a hot topic on social media with both sides desperately wanting the drug.

Yes I believe at least part of the ‘unprecedented demand’ is being driven by it’s use for weight control rather than diabetes management.

I think some of it is as many seem to be getting it for weight loss via private practioners.

your practice should offer a trulicity alternative which apparently according to my nurse is available

Back