Ozempic side effects??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline1967

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
Any hardened Ozempic users able to help please?

I have been using this for 9 weeks now.
0.25 for 4 weeks and had mild indigestion for the first couple of days each week. Took omeprazole which sorted it.
0.5 for 4 weeks and everything seemed fine,
First injection of 1 and I feel dreadful. Injected at 7am Friday and felt ok. Saturday am felt a bit washed out by 6pm had dreadful cramps. Was awake most of the night with abdominal cramps and diarrhoea. Finally settled by about 3pm. I got out of bed at 4pm and felt fine until bed at 9.30pm. Woke up at 11.30pm with dreadful cramps again and was awake all night, it is now 9.45am and I still feel awful.

I also have dreadful sulphur burps, since using the full dose, which I have read can be caused by Ozempic so I think the cramps may be caused by it too.
My question is, has anyone had severe abdominal side effects which has settled quickly? I am not due for another dose until Friday but I am wondering if I will be like this again next weekend. Is it too soon to ring the diabetic nurse and say I want something different?

Thanks

If these side effects are unacceptable, I would contact your nurse sooner rather than later.

I too had sulphur burps. My cramps subsided when I increased my water. I used to feel lethargic the day after the 8njection but I don't now. For me the side effects dwindled over time. I've been on it for quite a while now. I would check with your diabetic advisor even if just to let them know how it's affecting you. I still get upset stomach's but that's from the metformin.

Is it too soon to ring the diabetic nurse and say I want something different?
I’d say it’s too soon, you could ask to stay on 0.5 longer though. It takes 4 weeks for the dose to build up to full strength as the half life is so long, so you need to give it at least 2 months at whatever dose you choose before deciding whether side effects are unsustainable

Thank you
I have made a telephone appointment for Wednesday to discuss what I should do. I am not very keen on using it again on Friday if it is the Ozempic causing the issues. I did wonder if I should have stayed on 0.5 for a bit longer so maybe wil go back to that

Hi
Any hardened Ozempic users able to help please?

I have been using this for 9 weeks now.
0.25 for 4 weeks and had mild indigestion for the first couple of days each week. Took omeprazole which sorted it.
0.5 for 4 weeks and everything seemed fine,
First injection of 1 and I feel dreadful. Injected at 7am Friday and felt ok. Saturday am felt a bit washed out by 6pm had dreadful cramps. Was awake most of the night with abdominal cramps and diarrhoea. Finally settled by about 3pm. I got out of bed at 4pm and felt fine until bed at 9.30pm. Woke up at 11.30pm with dreadful cramps again and was awake all night, it is now 9.45am and I still feel awful.

I also have dreadful sulphur burps, since using the full dose, which I have read can be caused by Ozempic so I think the cramps may be caused by it too.
My question is, has anyone had severe abdominal side effects which has settled quickly? I am not due for another dose until Friday but I am wondering if I will be like this again next weekend. Is it too soon to ring the diabetic nurse and say I want something different?

Thanks
Hi have you a history of gallstones? If so can be a concern with this drug and might need checking for pancreatic issues as it can trigger pancreatitis if you have gallstones.

Thanks for the reply but I have no gall bladder! I ended up ringing the nurse and he suggested I go back on the 0.5 which I have done. Feel much better using that dose.

Thanks for the reply but I have no gall bladder! I ended up ringing the nurse and he suggested I go back on the 0.5 which I have done. Feel much better using that dose.
When you had it put did you get pancreatitis at any stage? It’s not supposed to be given if you have a history, I have pancreatitis and get the symptoms you had, glad your nurse is supportive x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back