Ozempic Missed Dose

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Other Type
I normally take my weekly Ozempic jab first thing on a Saturday. The only problem is, I’ve been away this week and had the last dose in the pen last week. I couldn’t get another before going because I can only order every 4 weeks, a pen lasts 4 weeks, and I took the first dose on the day I received the first pen, so I am always having to pick up a new pen on the day I need it.

I will be able to get a new pen on Monday night, but the Saturday routine has worked really well for me remembering it, so I’m thinking of skipping it this week and taking next weekend, so that I am at a point of getting the prescription a week before it runs out, and on a good day to remember it.

I haven’t seen much effect on my blood sugar so not really expecting to run higher bgs. Does anyone know if this will cause me nausea/stomach type side effects though?

Sorry I can’t help re the missed dose , except to say speak to the prescriber.

imo you should be allowed to have spares , what if the one in use breaks or fails for some reason .
I am an insulin user and have spare insulin and pens for the above reasons and imo their should be no difference for you.

Only being able to order every four weeks seems strange to me.

Sorry I can’t help re the missed dose , except to say speak to the prescriber.

imo you should be allowed to have spares , what if the one in use breaks or fails for some reason .
I am an insulin user and have spare insulin and pens for the above reasons and imo their should be no difference for you.

Only being able to order every four weeks seems strange to me.
All my medications are restricted to when you can order them, so that you don’t order them early. The annoying thing about it is that you don’t get notified if you try to order and it’s declined as too early, the prescription just isn’t there when you go to collect, by which time it’s too late. I’m not able to speak to the prescriber as it’s the weekend.

Back