Ozempic availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

shukri61

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone know a chemist in London that has stock of Ozempic 0.5mg as I am running out and my local chemist have said they can no longer get me any? Thanks

Your chances of getting it are very low. See this web page.
The same applies to Victoza, where I rang 14 local pharmacies, and none could order it.
Consider switching to Rybelsus tablets (generally available), or to Mounjaro = tirzepetide, which is due out, allegedly "within weeks"...

Thanks John. I have just come back from my GP and I have been prescribed Rybelsus which is the tablet version of the injection and produced by the same company. I need to take 14mg of the tablet every morning 30 mins before I eat or drink anything. This should be the equivalent of 0.5mg of Ozempic which I use to inject every week. I hope this is helpful to others who are in the same predicament as I was.

Apols straight off for negative post...but might as well make honest start. Saw article on Tirzepetide in paper, messaged GP - zero reply. NO ONE GIZ A MONKEYS! Had such a bad experience with tablets, esp.Gliclazide, made me balloon from dress 14 to 24. Put on Victoza NOT for weight loss.. but DIABETES. I did lose weight, but still got watch your food Now 12s, stable for yrs, cept to 8s when hubby/grandsons died. Now saying tablets again. Too scared after Gliclazide. In spite of all I went through in last 5 yrs (you won't believe it), GP will not say where liraglutide is! It IS available IF limited. I contacted the maker! I sympathise with overweight as it IS a health issue, but i didn't MAKE myself overweight, diabetes tablets did. Nhs does not care enough to tell us where meds are. Excuse: It will make it disappear for all.. But overweight are doing that NOW by private scripts. My bloods were in 40s now 98. Some days prick test wont register as too high. Trying myoinositol with bioperene, 2 a day supplement. Had odd 'low' of 15/18ish but hit & miss.Lost almost everyone & everything in 5yrs. No one cares, so if i fancy something, just gonna have it. Gvt cares even less. Supermarkets: sections 'free from' = nuts, gluten. meat etc, .NOTHING for diabetics. Everything laced with sugar, palm oil etc. even kids stuff, then Gvt wonder why Type II Diabetes through roof! Sorry about negative first post.

Sorry to hear you’ve had such a difficult time getting hold of the meds that work for you @Doristhepug - and the negative impact that has has on your diabetes management :(

There’s a page here which is getting updates about the evolving situation with shortages of GLP-1 meds

Apols straight off for negative post...but might as well make honest start. Saw article on Tirzepetide in paper, messaged GP - zero reply. NO ONE GIZ A MONKEYS! Had such a bad experience with tablets, esp.Gliclazide, made me balloon from dress 14 to 24. Put on Victoza NOT for weight loss.. but DIABETES. I did lose weight, but still got watch your food Now 12s, stable for yrs, cept to 8s when hubby/grandsons died. Now saying tablets again. Too scared after Gliclazide. In spite of all I went through in last 5 yrs (you won't believe it), GP will not say where liraglutide is! It IS available IF limited. I contacted the maker! I sympathise with overweight as it IS a health issue, but i didn't MAKE myself overweight, diabetes tablets did. Nhs does not care enough to tell us where meds are. Excuse: It will make it disappear for all.. But overweight are doing that NOW by private scripts. My bloods were in 40s now 98. Some days prick test wont register as too high. Trying myoinositol with bioperene, 2 a day supplement. Had odd 'low' of 15/18ish but hit & miss.Lost almost everyone & everything in 5yrs. No one cares, so if i fancy something, just gonna have it. Gvt cares even less. Supermarkets: sections 'free from' = nuts, gluten. meat etc, .NOTHING for diabetics. Everything laced with sugar, palm oil etc. even kids stuff, then Gvt wonder why Type II Diabetes through roof! Sorry about negative first post.
The reason supermarkets don't have sections of foods for diabetics is they are not allowed to market foods labelled as diabetic food but also how people manage their diabetes means that there are no foods that would suit everybody and people don't need special diabetic foods.
Meat, fish, eggs, cheese, dairy, nuts, vegetables and salads, some fruits which are foods that anybody can eat, it is up to the individual to make the choices of foods which suit their chosen approach of managing their condition. There are plenty of foods people can eat.
You may get some idea of what foods you can have for a low carb approach from this link. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

Sorry to hear of the distress caused by meds shortages and I have tried my best to make enquiries about the new NICE approved Mounjaro (Tirzapetide) with view to requesting an assessment and NHS prescription from my GP Surgery when it becomes available, and I have found out that every region of the UK has it's own NHS medicines regulator who have to assess and approve every new prescription medicine before GP Surgeries can prescribe, so worth contacting your local NHS integrated care board or integrated care partnership or health board to find out how to contact the medicines regulator in your area, and make enquiries with Practice Manager at your GP Surgery, and another option if you can afford it is paying to see private doctor for private prescription based on your ability to pay, which is also part of the shortages problem with licensed diabetes drugs being used solely for weight loss by people who have not been diagnosed with diabetes.

Fingers crossed the "within weeks available via NHS prescription" deadline comes to pass as research shows up to 20% of whole body weight can be lost following all the guidelines for using this drug as prescribed, which is extremely effective where permanent bariatric surgery is up to 30% effective for whole body weight loss, but personally this surgery is too dangerous and risky and side effects too life-limiting such as never being able to drink liquids with food ever again.

Sorry to hear you’ve had such a difficult time getting hold of the meds that work for you @Doristhepug - and the negative impact that has has on your diabetes management :(

There’s a page here which is getting updates about the evolving situation with shortages of GLP-1 meds

thank you for this...but again...its tablets and Im scared of them...Im grateful for your reply though. GP doesnt sit down and explain what these tablets are, side effects why not these before injections...when alternative injections due. Maybe I am too depressed to care any more tho my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back