Ozempic and progress

Kevin Marx

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Started on Ozempic1.0 6 weeks ago.

Average fasting BS was around 14 before then. I had tried Metformin which I just could not stomach.

This week average fasting BS is 11 and this morning's reading is 9.2.

I have lost about 10 pounds too. I am now 18 Stone 0lb.

However, my appetite is very poor but do eat OK but quite a lot less than I used to.

Questions:
Does it take a while for Ozempic to build up to become effective?
If so how long?
I have a lot of bowel movements since Ozempic and at times I feel little sick - will this subside in time? It's better than it was?
Also, would 10lb make a big difference in BS reading or is it all the Ozempic?

What do folks think?

I was diagnosed with T2 10m ago

Average fasting BS was around 14 before then. I had tried Metformin which I just could not stomach.

However, my appetite is very poor but do eat OK but quite a lot less than I used to.

Questions:
If so how long?
I have a lot of bowel movements since Ozempic and at times I feel little sick - will this subside in time? It's better than it was?

What do folks think?

You say your appetite is poor and you are eating less which is one way the medication works to encourage weight loss but eating the correct foods is also important.
What are your meals may still be too carb heavy, as blood glucose is still quite high but I would have thought you should start to see improvement after 6 weeks.

Questions:
If so how long?

What do folks think?

Hi @Kevin Marx you said your appetite is poor now your on Ozempic, that’s kind of how it works, we’re you referred to any dietitian when you were prescribed Ozempic ?

also are you only taking Ozempic or are you on other Meds also ?
I took Ozempic a few years ago and it was good for me (however due to a condition I already had prior to starting on Ozempic it was decided not suitable for me)

Last edited:
Glad to hear you've seen a gentle downward trend in both your BGs and weight from the Ozempic already @Kevin Marx

Appetite suppression is one of the actions of the medication - so allow yourself to readjust, and don't force yourself to eat when you aren't hungry 🙂

Weight loss can help improve insulin sensitivity and can help to clear 'visceral fat' around the organs in the abdomen, helping them work more efficiently - some people find weight loss helps to 'reboot' their metabolism.

Keep going! And let us know how things go 🙂

Back