Ozempic 1mg

Emma19834

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all I started ozempic 1mg 3 and half weeks ago , all ok and get side affects but just wondering if anyone has same issues last 2 times I've injected in tummy it's left a raised patch. Today it feels like there's a little lump under there , just wondering if anyone else has had this before :) tia everyone xxx

Hi @Emma19834
I’m not having any effects like you do on your Ozempic injections

I only take half the dose you do (0.50mg PW initially was taking 0.25mg PW)

I have heard of people having bumps and patches on their skin from a insulin injection,
maybe your experiencing something similar
I believe this can be due to how the injection is administered and air but not 100% sure

were you advisEd to start on a lower dose then steadily increased up to 1.0 ?
also do you do a small air shot prior to the injection?

Last edited:
The air shot is not recommended for ozempic other than the first injection of a new pen Goodybags, an airshot is only needed every time with insulin. I wonder if the lump is just the volume of medication injected being large, are you rotating the sites you inject it in? The side effects are expected whenever you move up to a higher dose, and things like eating smaller portions should help those.

Edit: I’ve added the instructions, it’s only step 1 and 3 when the pen is in use, step 2 airshot for a new pen. So nothing different to know in injection technique than the doses you’ll be experienced with already.

Attachments

• 1C1BE635-A699-4BAE-8EB5-151CF2A320BA.jpeg
    1C1BE635-A699-4BAE-8EB5-151CF2A320BA.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The air shot is not recommended for ozempic other than the first injection of a new pen Goodybags, an airshot is only needed every time with insulin. I wonder if the lump is just the volume of medication injected being large, are you rotating the sites you inject it in? The side effects are expected whenever you move up to a higher dose, and things like eating smaller portions should help those.

Edit: I’ve added the instructions, it’s only step 1 and 3 when the pen is in use, step 2 airshot for a new pen. So nothing different to know in injection technique than the doses you’ll be experienced with already.
You should be doing an airshot for every new needle, rather than pen.

You should be doing an airshot for every new needle, rather than pen.
If you read the instruction leaflet for ozempic this is not true. You do an airshot only on the new pen and change the needle every injection but do not do an airshot once the pen is opened. I posted the instructions above.

If you read the instruction leaflet for ozempic this is not true. You do an airshot only on the new pen and change the needle every injection but do not do an airshot once the pen is opened. I posted the instructions above.
I did read the item that you very kindly posted. I agree that it is confusing and can appear to imply that you only need to check each new pen but as a Medical Biochemist I read up on the drug and appropriate literature, then spoke directly with the manufacturer. They confirmed that they recommend undertaking an airshot for each new needle as that is where most problems occur. So far, out of six needles, I have had one that was indeed blocked which would have meant that I would not have received my dose even though I did everything correctly. Actually, the reason I came on here was to find out how other users were finding the drug since I am personally on it and so would be very interested to hear about your experience so far if you don't mind ....

I did read the item that you very kindly posted. I agree that it is confusing and can appear to imply that you only need to check each new pen but as a Medical Biochemist I read up on the drug and appropriate literature, then spoke directly with the manufacturer. They confirmed that they recommend undertaking an airshot for each new needle as that is where most problems occur. So far, out of six needles, I have had one that was indeed blocked which would have meant that I would not have received my dose even though I did everything correctly. Actually, the reason I came on here was to find out how other users were finding the drug since I am personally on it and so would be very interested to hear about your experience so far if you don't mind ....
The instruction leaflet says to check there is a drop at the end of the needle with each new pen, so following this you would know if the needle is blocked or not. You would also know from the resistance when you tried injecting it. If you do an airshow for each injection you’ll run out before the end of the pen and not get the full 4 doses.

Hi all I started ozempic 1mg 3 and half weeks ago , all ok and get side affects but just wondering if anyone has same issues last 2 times I've injected in tummy it's left a raised patch. Today it feels like there's a little lump under there , just wondering if anyone else has had this before :) tia everyone xxx
I'm on Ozempic and I've never had that or any side effects

Back