Owwwwweeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanessaK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So today was set change day, so managed to change the set etc without a hitch ........or so I thought. I thought it felt a bit sore but thought that I may have hit an old site. So decided to live with it till I had been to Tesco as I knew for definite that the insulin was getting through. Came back from shop still not right so changed cannula reprimed etc and when I took the other one out owwweee did it hurt and bleed and the cannula was totally on the wonk! So lesson learnt - everydays a school day as they say and nearly two weeks into pumping so I am sure those lessons are gonna keep coming lol 🙂

Good to hear you are using "Tesco" Vannessa. They are good for us ! Sorry to hear about cannula. 🙂

Glad you sorted it out. I have only changed the canula so far and not refilled or changed the tubing. It was a bit scary putting the new one in and I need to do it again tomorrow. As you say, there is a lot to learn. 🙂

Oucheroonie! Hope that's your quota for a very long time. Are you using Inset IIs? Not that it makes any difference what you use if you hit a bad site :( just a real shame it was so early on but sounds like you dealt with the situation just fine think I would have gone into major panic mode myself so soon after starting..well done!!

Thanks guys I hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon, but at least I know what it feels like when it's just "wrong" and not too carry on with it....
Hobie Tesco seem to get the bulk of my money so I am definitely doing my diabetes bit lol 🙂 Maryanne I hope the change goes well today, how are you getting on with your new pump so far? Ingrid I am using insett II think it just hit the wrong bit 🙂

hi Vanessa

All going well so far. I've had a couple of lows which I think means my basal rates for a couple of hours need to be reduced and I'll talk to my pump nurse about it on Wednesday. But very pleased with everything so far. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back