overnight levels

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 33898
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 33898

So for a few months now I've been having 2 or 3 days a week were overnight as soon as I fall asleep within a few hours I'll rise to 9mmol and normally stay at that for a few hours then I'll back down to about 6 mmol by the morning when waking. I don't know how big a deal this is because its not crazy high but it bothers me because I've been trying to figure out what could be causing it. Sleeping takes up a big chunk of the day and I'd like levels to be in the best range they can overnight, as during the day there is that battle with meals. I started to exercise mostly before my evening meal as I found I was going hypo too many times when exercising after. I take my levermir once daily before bed and haven't really changed it. I don't know if its the problem because I drop overnight so might even mean the basal is too high? I went through all the nights this has been happening and only pattern I could see is that either jogging or walking only as exercise that evening might cause it. On strength routine days there doesn't seem to be an issue overnight. Also wondering if it could be the food I'm eating, would large amounts of protein say 40 to 50g cause a rise later? Rice or pasta cause delays? I've been trying to find out info online. I was also thinking maybe the basal is running out, and certain exercises don't keep my glucose lower until the next dose kicked in. Any ideas or suggestions, any similar experiences I would really appreciate it. My head is melted over this. Maybe over thinking it. I was at a review the other day and the consultant said it could be anything really and suggested I might want to change to a different basal

Levemir was not designed in the first place to be taken once a day - only twice!

Anyway - do a basal test and identify exactly when you need more and when, less. THEN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE INCLUDING THE CONSULTANT - CAN START TO UNRAVEL IT! ooops! DIDN'T MEAN TO shout !

I've taken the caps lock off now. (see, if I could touch type I'd notice this a bit quicker)

@trophywench So question I have to that is, can basal doses be taken at any time length apart ? I thought there would have to be a gap of 12 hours minimum between doses

When I take a pump break, I take my twice-daily basal more like 9 or 10 hours apart. It’s what works for you.
Yes I just need to figure out exactly when to take it. Should be fun

Not sure if anyone will get notified of this, just didn't wanna open a new thread. Soo far breakfast basal test shows levels steady right through to lunch. The lunch to evening test shows levels drop to low 4s. So only the dinner to bed time to test now. Maybe splitting the dose at this stage wouldn't make sense, even if I see a rise before when Id take my single dose before bed. If I took some before bed and in the morning then surely I'd see levels drop too much in the lunch to evening period if they already are going down. Still on 5 units of basal in single dose. I'm maybe just a little hesitant as well to try it if im honest. I mean if my levels say were good overnight with single dose before bed but started rising rest of waking hours then I'd know to add a 2nd dose in the morning, simple enough but this situation I'm in at moment has got me stomped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back