overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

jane58

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has problems with their bodies overheating a lot of the time, i can be so hot when its freezing cold, its not menopause as that's behind me lol. someone mentioned to me it may be my diabetes. i have never heard of this, just wondered if any of you suffer from this overheating or know if it is indeed a symptom of having diabetes(i am T2 by the way)

If I’m running high BG then invariably I’m also running hot.

Yes, I too experience overheating when my blood glucose is high.

I sometimes still get hot flushes even though I am through the menopause. My friends get it too and they are not pre diabetic or diabetic.

High blood glucose can upset people's temperature regulation so can explain the hot/cold feelings.

Do you test your BG levels at home with a finger prick? High BG can certainly make you feel hot although not everyone does. Even just between 8-10 can make me hot and restless during my sleep, if I don't get my insulin doses right,
If you don't test, then it might be a good idea to start, so that you can see what is going on.

Overheating has lots of possible causes. Best to talk with yr doc.

I wouldn't mind feeling a lot warmer! The older I've got, the colder I've got. I don't have a lot of insulation.

I sometimes still get hot flushes even though I am through the menopause. My friends get it too and they are not pre diabetic or diabetic.
I’ve never suffered hot flushes when I was going through the menopause that’s why I don’t think menopause is the cause of my overheating

I’ve never suffered hot flushes when I was going through the menopause that’s why I don’t think menopause is the cause of my overheating
I’d rather be cold to be honest as overheating makes me feel ill

I admit to having a bit of a reputation for always being cold! I ran 6 miles this morning with running club and I was the only one with 3 layers on! Very handy running with club as we have a couple of GP's running with us.

I alway seam to over heat at night always been the same regardless of my BS

I've had this too over the last 5 years or so. I mentioned to my consultant but he dismissed it as not being anything to do with diabetes. He has dismissed other things Ive brought up like gastroparesis as I was having stomach issues. He said I would have a lot more micro vascular damage apparent..? Don't know if that's true or not.

I can feel cold air on my skin but feel like I'm overheating inside if that makes sense. It is a peculiar and uncomfortable feeling.

Do you have a meter to check your own BG levels @jane58 - maybe you might find an association between your glucose levels and your temperature sensations?

I'm boiling anything over 13. One of my signs

Absolutely the opposite for me. I warm up if I am really hypo. Cold the rest of the time.

Yes but my temperature issues are definitely menopause related. I know you say you’re through all that but I thought I was as well. Lo and behold six years later I’m getting hot flushes from hell!

I was always overly warm when my BG was high but I think that was more weight related rather than specifically BG.

Having lost 'my equipment ' at aged 32 I have never been through any menopausal symptoms despite being told I would so consider myself very lucky, I never felt the cold until I started taking blood pressure medication and ever since I'm always cold unless the weather is really warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back