over the shoulder bolus holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiv

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good title shiv!:D

I too have a little tinkerbell make up case...but I keep my make-up in that😉. I just stuff my things into the back of my rucksack if I need to take them with me:D

I have a pencil case from Paperchase which I keep all my kit in

My stuff all goes lose in my BAG because i'm terribly unorganised!

Last edited:
My stuff all goes lose in my bad because i'm terribly unorganised!

Same here Twin , it all gets lashed in my handbag , Ive got all sorts of stuff lurking in there lol 😱

Alex has a cool man bag - but soon he will only need a holder for the finger pricker!:DBev

Yes Katie he will need a meter - but in our house if we say the finger pricker - this is a little black case that holds the pricker the strips and the meter! Sorry i assumed you would know what i meant!:DBev

Yes Katie he will need a meter - but in our house if we say the finger pricker - this is a little black case that holds the pricker the strips and the meter! Sorry i assumed you would know what i meant!:DBev

oh yes, why would he need the pricker but not the meter?! hahaha that was really stupid, sorry 😱😱

I keep all my kit in a Desang kit bag. It holds my insulin vial, blood meter, finger pricker, ketone sticks, spare canula and reservoir plus inserter as well as glucotabs and glucogel. Gives me no excuse to forget anything lol and also keeps it all together in my briefcase lol

Hi All ....

Nathan has a trainer bag for when he out with his mates or at there house ... its got his BG meter, insulin, hypostop, glucotabs, ID card, cereal bar, fun size mars bar and a packet of crisps, 200ml full sugar coke and some loose change just in case he needs anything else ... he takes all this as he does a lot of skateboarding when out and about.

When at school he has his rucksack and everything in on of the pockets in that .. I also provide school with an additional hypo kit ... just in case .

What Nathan carries with him, may sound a bit extreme to some of you .. but I want Nathan:

A: To be safe and fully prepared for any situation and that his mates have access to the stuff to give him if he needs it .

B: That this kit becomes second nature to him in carrying it

Heidi
xx🙂

I keep 2 pens 1 for NR 1 for Levemir, and testing gear (strips in a memory card plastic holder) and spare needles, even spare insulin if I'm low or going to be away from home for say more than 2 days, any longer I take another little case.

I keep it all in something like this, fits in back pocket or jacket pocket or over shoulder! Or in Wifey's handbag!

http://www.lifeventure.co.uk/htm/security/body-wallet-dry-chest.html

I keep 2 pens (Levemir & Novorapid), meter, finger pricker, strips, control solution, needles, lancetes, a tube of Glucogel, needle clipper, 1 days tablets and a glucagon kit in a Desang case. If I'm out and about I carry the Desang in a National Trust shoulder bag that could have been made for the job - it's a perfect fit. I like to keep everything together otherwise I'd always be losing something and I'd be sure to leave something important behind.

On a normal day (e.g at work) I just have it all in a messenger style bag.

When out and about (e.g day out with the kids) I like to wear a pair of cargo pants with lots of pockets. My insulin pen comes in a hard case with space for needles and cartridge. This goes into one of the pockets on the legs. My meter fits into a case with a belt loop. That sits on my belt at my waist. Glucose tabs go into another pocket. All my other bits and pieces such as wallet, coins, keys etc. all go into other pockets.
The only problem is I need to replace some of my trousers, but the ones I see in the shops these days don't have as many pockets. :(

Then I usually have a HUGE backpack on to carry the children's and wife's bits and pieces. I know hat it feels like to be a packhorse when on holidays 🙂

I keep all my gear in a crawfords red sqaure biccie box

I have all my stuff in a Boots travel organiser! http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Travel-Organiser_117946/

I have three pens (novorapid, lantus and levemir), finger pricker, meter, test strips, spare needles and lancets, hypostop sachets, a cereal bar, my log book, a pen, and my wee carb counter book. 🙂

It has a belt loop on it, but I just tend to throw it in my bigger bag, since I usually have a rucksack or a bigger shoulder bag with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back