Over 33.3mmol AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type1mommy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm seeing my gp in regards to my diabetes in the morning. Shall I wait it out or visit a&e once again? My baby is fast asleep in his cot so could do with staying home in all honestly. Ketones are only 2+ so that's not too bad. Would I be okay to wait until the morning?

I would suggest phoning your out of hours GP service or NHS 111 for advice appropriate to your family situation an location. Have you been given any advice about adjusting your insulin doses depending on high blood glucose levels?

Are you aware of what is causing your blood sugars to elevate so much? Are you able to adjust your insulin to compensate? If not, as Copepod suggests you need to speak to your doctor or DSN to establish how to take correctional doses of fast acting insulin.

What do you mean 2+ ketones is not too bad? You can't wait till morning to ask for help, so follow Copepods advice. Do you actually take ANY insulin with food?

How are you feeling now? With those levels I hope that you did go to A&E. Do you know what is causing the high BGs? You must find out how to correct high BGs urgently and then how to alter your insulin levels - both basal and bolus to keep your levels in the "normal" range. Please let us know how you are and how can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back