Out of metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazly72

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
good evening all
Need advise forgot to reorder my metaformin only have enough for Saturday,my doctors don’t open Saturdays so is it ok/safe to not take my medication for 2 days ? If no how can I get an emergency tablets to see me through until I phone the doctors on Monday

Hi

You should be fine without it for a couple of days.
Metformin is the sort of medication that builds up in the system slowly over a period of weeks and similarly takes days to clear your system so you should be fine if you run out for a short period. If you take more than one a day then you could reduce the dose so you are at least taking some on each day but if you only take one a day, it's not a big deal to miss it for a couple of days.

Hi

You should be fine without it for a couple of days.
Metformin is the sort of medication that builds up in the system slowly over a period of weeks and similarly takes days to clear your system so you should be fine if you run out for a short period. If you take more than one a day then you could reduce the dose so you are at least taking some on each day but if you only take one a day, it's not a big deal to miss it for a couple of days.
Oh that’s a relief thank you so much for replying back to me

Go to your normal pharmacy as they can give you an emergency supply.

You should not really go without medication at all. However as I am a type 1 I am not too sure about type 2 except that I see a lot of damage done through lack of diabetic medication in Prisons ( through volunteering) if in doubt. I would call NHS 111 they can order you an emergency prescription to be collected from your local pharmacy/late night pharmacy if required. ( I know they can do this as I have used the service.) so no need to panic. Medication is available.

good evening all
Need advise forgot to reorder my metaformin only have enough for Saturday,my doctors don’t open Saturdays so is it ok/safe to not take my medication for 2 days ? If no how can I get an emergency tablets to see me through until I phone the doctors on Monday
If you speak to the the pharmacy you usually use
they would advise and probably issue some as they will be able to see you usually require the meds
then they would just deduct them from your prescription when it comes through from your GP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back