Oups I seem to have snagged all the protein bread from Lidl in Branksome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I took delivery of a new mobility scooter a couple of days ago and decided to go shopping to test its ability to transport my array of shopping bags.
In Lidl I spotted the (almost) mythical protein bread previously known and loved in its triangular form and only 9% carbs. They are now rectangular and I believe higher in carbs.
I ate one with some beefburgers tonight - I doubt I could have eaten two of them.
As I bought all that they had left, ten of them, I will be able to experiment and see what effect they have, but if they are only going to be around from time to time it might be rather a forlorn experiment.
At 49p each they are quite a bit more expensive than the triangular ones, but I will put the remaining ones in the freezer and schedule in one a week as soon as I can get some tuna - I like the small brine packed tins and there were none around today. Shortages seem to be rather common these days but at least there are alternatives around.

I took delivery of a new mobility scooter a couple of days ago and decided to go shopping to test its ability to transport my array of shopping bags.
In Lidl I spotted the (almost) mythical protein bread previously known and loved in its triangular form and only 9% carbs. They are now rectangular and I believe higher in carbs.
I ate one with some beefburgers tonight - I doubt I could have eaten two of them.
As I bought all that they had left, ten of them, I will be able to experiment and see what effect they have, but if they are only going to be around from time to time it might be rather a forlorn experiment.
At 49p each they are quite a bit more expensive than the triangular ones, but I will put the remaining ones in the freezer and schedule in one a week as soon as I can get some tuna - I like the small brine packed tins and there were none around today. Shortages seem to be rather common these days but at least there are alternatives around.
You are right now thinking about it. I am also either seeing some creeping shortages or price rises. I couldn't find a can of sardines the other day. It was in a "local" Sainsbury's, so I didn't think much of it. But looking back, I can think of several examples of food being absent that one would normally expect to be available.

I don’t know about these rolls but don’t get caught out as my friend did in lidl with carbs/ cals per hundred grams and then realising that the individual product weighed a lot more than 100g.

Ah, I saw what I thought must be them in our Lidl last week, but they weren’t labelled. I’d heard they were back for a 'guest appearance' There was a bloke shovelling them into a bag like there was no tomorrow, getting stocked up while they’re available.

She is now touring the Lidls of the country with her mobility scooter towing a trailer for her protein rolls. Think our local Lidl is safe as we are a long way from the south coast. :D

I was in the very same Lidl this week, Wednesday or Thursday I think it was. I did see the label for the protein rolls but there weren’t any in stock…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back