Osteopenia

nonethewiser

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
6 years ago after Dexa scan was told I was at Osteopenie stage so was started on Alendronic acid & daily calcium tabs, after reading around also took Vit K2 MK7 to help calcium absorb.

Stopped treatment about 18 months ago & should have had follow up scan last year, but only had it 6 weeks ago. Got letter from consultant to say all was fine with results, apparently there's been a slight improvement which surprised me but happy to accept, thought if anything things might have been same as 6 years back or slight deterioration but maybe that isn't always the case.

Great news @nonethewiser 🙂 I don’t know anything about osteopenia but the fact it’s not got worse and has improved a little sounds positive.

Great!

My daughter in law has it as has her sister and mother has osteoporosis. Osteopenia is the pre stage. They all take supplements, watch what they eat, almost vegetarian and drink very little, but all are well. Just another bump along the road.

I had a second Dexa a few months ago and was told I had Osteopenia, but my GP said I didn't need calcium, I just needed to walk lots in the sunshine. Well I cover around 60 miles per week on foot, but sunshine? This summer? Methinks he was having a larf :rofl:

I had a second Dexa a few months ago and was told I had Osteopenia, but my GP said I didn't need calcium, I just needed to walk lots in the sunshine. Well I cover around 60 miles per week on foot, but sunshine? This summer? Methinks he was having a larf :rofl:

No harm in taking over the counter vit D, Calcium & K2 MK7 supplement @Vonny if you choose , more so Vit D as we need it in these approaching months of dull overcast days.

60 miles walking a week is some achievement, walking is best exercise to me as it also relaxes the mind.

Back