OrCam Showcases MyEye 2 at CES 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
From mobile health devices to sleep analytic technologies, health-tech companies and startups showcased their creations to global visitors at the annual CES 2019. Some products are already in the market, while others are preparing to go commercial.

Medical gadgets employing artificial intelligence offered a glimpse at its ability to overcome the limitations of physical disabilities. One such firm is Israel-based OrCam, a developer of artificial vision devices for those who are visually impaired or blind.

OrCam was established in 2010 by the two co-founders of Mobileye, a collision avoidance technology startup that was acquired by Intel for US$15.3 billion in 2017.

https://coolblindtech.com/orcam-showcases-myeye-2-at-ces-2019/

I think I've posted about this in the past, sounds very good. I see online that the current price is around £3,500 though, so not cheap! 😱

Pretty amazing tech. £3.5k seems a reasonable cost to me, but I don’t need it. I bet some folk on the forum would like a go with this kit, but that price is a challenge.

Pretty amazing tech. £3.5k seems a reasonable cost to me, but I don’t need it. I bet some folk on the forum would like a go with this kit, but that price is a challenge.
I suppose it's comparable to the cost of pump and CGM, and possibly similarly life changing 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back