Optimum xceed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
...is in the post :D:D:D:D

Thanks to those who replied to my Q about ketones! Now just to get some strips...

i have emailed abbotts twice since last week about getting a new meter but so far i havent had any reponse from them, i know they have a free num you can ring but i didnt like to bother them. im using a boots own brand meter which also uses the optium plus strips and abbott thin lancets which i get on precription. id love one because you can put your results on the computer were as mine dosent. did they ask lots of question on the phone cate? xx

Lots of people seem to be saying there's a problem getting prescriptions for the Ketone strips....not my experience at all! the optium exceed is the standard meter here - my DSN gave me 3 when she first visited (although I use my lovely Contour USB now and only keep a exceed in case I need to test for ketones). I have the ketone strips on repeat and have never been questioned about getting them (when I was first diagnosed I tested for ketones a lot as it took me a while to get my insulin dose sorted - fortunately, although I had pretty high levels for a month or so, I never had ketones). I have a spare box of ketone strips (10 in a box) and 2 boxes of normal strips (50 in a box). If you're having trouble getting hold of some I could send them on to you to keep you going for a while.

Suzanne

I just phoned them up, all they wanted to know was whether I was diabetic, my address, and I think it was what meter I use currently. And said they'd put one in the post 1st class for me.

I said a friend had recommended the meter to me :D

My GP and HCP team are pretty good at prescribing stuff, I *should* be able to get some strips just by calling my GP's secretary to get them added...will report back if I have any problems!

Cate, my doctors mucked up my prescriptions and I ended up with an overload of optimum exceed ketone strips, if you are unsuccessful with the prescription PM me and I can send you some.

...is in the post :D:D

Thanks to those who replied to my Q about ketones! Now just to get some strips...

Cool beans....i too have asked for one what with numerous problems i have been having..let us know how it goes and likewise 🙂

Bernie xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back