Operation tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellyj

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,
Any advice from anyone who has had an operation and with diabetees, just wondered what your recovery was like and any top tips you might have for me. I'm very very nervous haven't been able to sleep, going in tomorrow for 11.30 just want it over and done with.
Been going for lots of walks to try and loose abit of weight before op.
Any advice gratefully received thank you.

My recovery from last op which was a minor heart op was just a normal recovery same as anyone without diabetes

Nor mine - hysterectomy last century ( :D ) and a Knee op a couple of years ago, where a while later some of the metalwork used to fit the jigsaw of my kneecap together originally had worked its way where it shouldn't be so they re-opened my lovely neat stapled scar which had practically faded and replaced it with a noticeable scar. Still no prob whatever healing and that's half another prob cos they usually struggle to get staples and stitches out of skin that's started healing over em.

Good luck with your OP. Hope it all goes smoothly. Update us when you can.

Good luck with your OP. Hope it all goes smoothly. Update us when you can.
Hi I will do just getting ready and trying to calm my mind, always been a very anxious person, wish I wasn't, my cousin had a similar operation, never bothered her one bit. Amazing how we are all so different.
Will keep upto date.

(((HUGS)))

I think the only thing to worry about would be the hospital food. Bananas and jackets! I luvs it but I don't think the best for a Type 2 type person. Plus it didn't help when I ate everybody's else's as well. Good luck for tomorrow. 🙂

Hi everyone
My operation went well but they kept me in overnight because my ketones were up so wanted me on fluids overnight.
Had to see diabetic nurse before I was allowed to go home and she said it was because I had been NBM before op and everything was fine.
Been home a week now and feeling OK with the healing and have been out for some gentle walks.
Thank you again to answers to my question about operation.

So pleased you have come through the operation smoothly and are making good progress with your recovery.

Excellent news. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back