Oops ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

margie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So I changed the cartridge for my novorapid, I was a bit distracted, did my injection then realised I hadn't checked that I hadn't done the plunger priming so probably got a lot less insulin than I needed.

I was a bit high this morning dp and don't want to go any higher - so decided based on who many priming units I normally have, to inject a few more units. Obviously will need to keep a closer eye on things this morning....

I hope you are OK today. You are aware of what happened so you are in a good position to keep an eye on things.

Thanks Caroline - you know what its like you are doing multiple things and are half asleep.

Certainly do, if my stuff for work is not all together in one place I end up forgteeting something!

Just tested and had dropped quite a bit - so with another 2 hours to lunch needed a snack. I eventually found the tin of biscuits someone had hidden the tin in the sack of potatoes ...

I have done that before, easily done.

Hope you get them back to normal 🙂

Well I overdid the snack - I think I knew as soon as I had the snack I had, resulting in me being a little high before lunch - though not as high as breakfast. So I had a slight adjustment dose with lunch - hopefully that means tea/dinner time will be back to where is should be.

Thanks for all the messages of support.

I did this all the time, then swapped to prefilled pens anyway. Hope your levels are ok xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back