Oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudspirit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
well today i went walking with my puppy, she has had a new harness and so a pleasure to walk, was going to do the mornal 2 hours after lunch, got chatting to my daughter so left at 2.30, decided to go a new route as she wasn't pulling, it was a hot day and we do walk quite fast as training to walk at heel, anyway got 3/4 way round and started feeling funny, shaking and sweating, passed by some people fishing but thought i was nearly home so didnt stop, carried on walking, feeling worst but saw a bridge that was the way home, knew there were some steps, stopped and sat down, did my bg and it was 3.8, had 3 jelly babies, called my hubby who had just arrived home, i'd been out walking for 2 hours! anyway i sat on steps and ate biscuits until he got to me, got home slowly bg gone to 7.2, fell fast asleep for an hour, felt poorly for a few hours to be honest but fine by 7pmish.

hubby went mad that i had gone for so long alone with no hat and didnt snack before!

oops! julie xx

oo julie nawty hehehe glad you could get in touch with hubby though least he got to you and im pleased you had a nap and got back up to 7.2,im guilty of going out probs most of the time without water or dextors ,but i always get a lecture of o/h never learn my lesson though

Last edited:
Hi Julie , Im glad you are ok now . At least you had the good sense to have jelly babies and biscuits with you . Sometimes these things happen but at least you are ok and managed to get in contact with your husband . 🙂

Glad you are OK now. thank heaven for jelly babies and mobile phones. Glad you got home safely and had a nap too. It was quite hot yesterday.

Hi Julie ....

Glad you ok now ... Hope you feel much better again today ... Thank god you had jelly babies, biscuits and the good old mobile phone

Heidi
xx🙂

well today i went walking with my puppy, she has had a new harness and so a pleasure to walk, was going to do the mornal 2 hours after lunch, got chatting to my daughter so left at 2.30, decided to go a new route as she wasn't pulling, it was a hot day and we do walk quite fast as training to walk at heel, anyway got 3/4 way round and started feeling funny, shaking and sweating, passed by some people fishing but thought i was nearly home so didnt stop, carried on walking, feeling worst but saw a bridge that was the way home, knew there were some steps, stopped and sat down, did my bg and it was 3.8, had 3 jelly babies, called my hubby who had just arrived home, i'd been out walking for 2 hours! anyway i sat on steps and ate biscuits until he got to me, got home slowly bg gone to 7.2, fell fast asleep for an hour, felt poorly for a few hours to be honest but fine by 7pmish.

hubby went mad that i had gone for so long alone with no hat and didnt snack before!

oops! julie xx

Hi Julie I forgot to ask lastnight/this morning , what medication are you on ? are you on Insulin or just tablets ? :confused:

oops! julie xx

Dear Julie,

That sounds like a horrific experience, I'm so glad that you were able to come out of it without any serious consequence. It sounds like you live in a part S-O-T that is near to the countyside. BTW what meds are you on? Being diet only means that I have never had a hypo!

Warmest Regards Dodger

Dear Julie,

That sounds like a horrific experience, I'm so glad that you were able to come out of it without any serious consequence. It sounds like you live in a part S-O-T that is near to the countyside. BTW what meds are you on? Being diet only means that I have never had a hypo!

Warmest Regards Dodger

I live in Norton Green, just on the outskirts of Stoke, a lovely area, we walk pup around Knypersley reserviour a few night but i live just near the canal.

I am diet only, no meds, i am normally OK with bg over 5's but think its when it drops suddenly that i feel hypo, don't think its a real one but never been 3.8 before and felt ill for ages after, I am waiting to see a dietician and hopefully she can help with the ups and downs and if it lowers i shouldnt feel hypo anymore... i think!

Julie x

It's probably that you haven't been that low for a long time and haven't been been used to running in the 4's. as you are not on medication it's unlikely that your blood sugar will continue to fall.

Did you check again after you'd got it up to 7.2? I wonder if you had too much glucose it could have pushed you up high and that's what made you feel ill for a couple of hours after.

Hope that you can avoid this expereince next time you go out walking your dog.

I live in Norton Green, just on the outskirts of Stoke, a lovely area, we walk pup around Knypersley reserviour a few night but i live just near the canal.

I am diet only, no meds, i am normally OK with bg over 5's but think its when it drops suddenly that i feel hypo, don't think its a real one but never been 3.8 before and felt ill for ages after, I am waiting to see a dietician and hopefully she can help with the ups and downs and if it lowers i shouldnt feel hypo anymore... i think!

Julie x

Dear Julie,

I know the area well - done some walking there - along the canal. I also know Knypersley reservoir.

Warmest Regards Dodger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back