Oops! Took wrong pill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Rather than forgetting to take my pill this morning I went and took the one I take at night by mistake! I should have taken aspirin, but took my blood pressure one instead. It's only a low dose, so I think it's OK, but felt really stupid the moment I'd swallowed it!😱

I don't suppose it will make much difference.
I take 2 Lisinopril tablets a day for high blood pressure, one with my breakfast and 1 before my evening meal.

At least you didn't take the wrong insulin!

My friend's son did that and he got rushed to hospital.

The main potential problem is hypotension when standing up. On a low dose this should not occur but could be quite bad for those on a high dose. If you take your normal dose tonight it should be fine especially as you should be asleep.

The main potential problem is hypotension when standing up. On a low dose this should not occur but could be quite bad for those on a high dose. If you take your normal dose tonight it should be fine especially as you should be asleep.

TBH, I think my doctor would prefer me on a higher dose as my BP is generally on the high side. If I'd been on a maximum dose, I'd have been a lot more worried. It makes up slightly for all the times I've forgotten to take it! I did once reach for the wrong insulin pen, and even got the needle ready to put on it - but then I noticed! I don't think it would be TOO dodgy if I took novorapid instead of lantus, as my lantus is a very low dose, so I'd be injecting less than I would NR for a meal, if you see what I mean! Hope to never find out!

Oh dear! my husband took one of my folic acid and iron tablets the other day instead of his tonsoiltas tablets he felt like a right wally x

least you realised str8 away i guess, nobody would ever mistakingly take my pills there big enuff to knock out an elephant

How on earth is it possible that someone as fit and active as you are can have high blood pressure when a fat lazy bum like me has low BP?

How on earth is it possible that someone as fit and active as you are can have high blood pressure when a fat lazy bum like me has low BP?

Probably too much beer as a reward for all my exercise efforts!😱😉

Or do i mean affects? Blonde moment! Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back