OOPS - HbA1c is up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
All my readings, bloods, B12, thyroid, cholesterol, everything had a marked improvement - except HbA1c. It was gone up from 7.9 to 8.2

pre meal reading are 4 - 6, but it is the spiking that is getting me down. currently I am 10:1 ratio, but am loathed to change it. The only time I don't spike is when I take NO carbs at all - but my doc and DSN tell me in no uncertain terms I MUST NOT omit carbs from my diet, which I am pleased about as when I tried no carbs I felt awful.

Although not as high as my pre insulin reading of 10.6, what can I do to bring it back to readings in the 6s.

Any suggestions from you guys would be much appreciated

Hi Hazel, sorry to hear about the HbA1c, but great results on everything else! Try not to worry unduly about the HbA1c - it's not a huge increase and is probably the sort of thing that will vary slightly from test to test. Perhaps the thing to try and fine tune is the timing of your insulin doses, so that you can more closely match the peaks of food and insulin - it will probably mean lots of fingerpricks though! Also, is it possible for you to increase your activity levels? Better insulin sensitivity generally will help to bring your levels down a notch.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back