Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
So 10 days ago I remember thinking, I have to remember to order my next transmitter, because I got the “this is the last go” warning from my current one.

Of course it immediately went right out of my head. And when I went to restart my current sensor today I got

1677442466903.jpeg

So I’m off hybrid closed loop and back to flying manual until the nice DPD delivery person arrives.

It’s a bit annoying as the transmitter batter should be good for another 8 days before it expires. But of course it won’t start unless there’s a full 10 days left.

Pah!

Thankfully they’re usually very quick to deliver new orders so you should be back looping again soon. If my kid refuses to put on a new sensor straight away we know we have to make a few adjustments to the basal overnight but otherwise everything is pretty good still.

Ooops. I hope that they deliver soon Mike.
Think of it as an opportunity for a reminder of how good looping is!!!!

My lack of manual finesse is showing already. I’ve really lost my manual-pumping chops.

9.something before evening meal, then up to 14 or more afterwards, and back to 3.7 at bedtime with a bunch of correction on board. Then too much in the way of carbs/tbr so my 2am alarm showed a 10.

1u got me back to 7 by breakfast, but good grief it’s hard work!

Yes I’m really hoping my daughter chooses the same system again, or at least one similar, when it comes to renewal, I think we’d really miss it now! She still doesn’t do basal adjustments herself, she lets me decide that, so I think she’d have a bit of a shock if she had to start doing it herself!
Hope you’re back looping now and can give your brain a rest :D

My lack of manual finesse is showing already. I’ve really lost my manual-pumping chops.

9.something before evening meal, then up to 14 or more afterwards, and back to 3.7 at bedtime with a bunch of correction on board. Then too much in the way of carbs/tbr so my 2am alarm showed a 10.

1u got me back to 7 by breakfast, but good grief it’s hard work!
I find these moments in manual remind me of how much the closed loop is doing for me!!!
I hope that your transmitter is with you soon.

I find these moments in manual remind me of how much the closed loop is doing for me!!!
I hope that your transmitter is with you soon.

Thankfully yes!

Back in the game late Tuesday.

Phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back