Ongoing results

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So for lunch I haven’t made the best choice today feeling urgh with myself over it - had 2 coconut rings and some peanut butter 18g carbs bg 5.8 before and 6.4 2 hours after despite my stupidity does that sound reasonable - Im paranoid about my hba1c not coming down any more from 38 and even worse shooting back up! I seem to be mating my weight brilliantly though weigh myself once a week to keep an eye on it and it’s not budged for the last 6 weeks. My gp says me staying free of my type 2 is dependant on me maintaining my weight loss but I’m still totally paranoid about what I’m doing!!! Since September I’ve still not eaten a potato I swapped normal potatoes for sweet potatoes and that seems to really agree with me, I think my body is working quite well now certainly compared to what it must have been doing when I was up at 89 my friend did the same as me (major weight loss) after she was diagnosed and she’s now been in remission for 8 years, she has never changed any of the things she eats she just swears by everything in moderation but I’m properly scared and I know we’re all so different. If only diabetes was simply diabetes (the same in everyone) then maybe it would be easier to get ny head round

Your biscuits and peanut butter was absolutely fine as ther was really no difference in the before and after level. I am surprised that if you can't tolerate potatoes that sweet potatoes are OK as they are pretty well the same carbs.
The fact that somebody can adopt one way of managing their blood glucose doesn't necessarily mean that works for somebody else, so you have to follow what works for you. If you carry on what you have been doing which has obviously worked there is no reason to suppose your HbA1C will 'go shooting back up'

Your biscuits and peanut butter was absolutely fine as ther was really no difference in the before and after level. I am surprised that if you can't tolerate potatoes that sweet potatoes are OK as they are pretty well the same carbs.
The fact that somebody can adopt one way of managing their blood glucose doesn't necessarily mean that works for somebody else, so you have to follow what works for you. If you carry on what you have been doing which has obviously worked there is no reason to suppose your HbA1C will 'go shooting back up'
I’ve not even tried potatoes sweet potatoes are a little lower and I don’t eat a very big portion even when something is just fractionally lower I still go to that lol I just now think potatoes are off limits for me I can’t really explain that either I’ve no clue how my body would cope with them now cos I haven’t put them in.

Well surely, that's the eventual test of whether you are in remission - to gradually add small amounts of carb back into the diet, if the body can still cope with it fine, then you're probably in remission. Anyway - you haven't been at it very long yet, so it's a jolly good start anyway.

I’ve not even tried potatoes sweet potatoes are a little lower and I don’t eat a very big portion even when something is just fractionally lower I still go to that lol I just now think potatoes are off limits for me I can’t really explain that either I’ve no clue how my body would cope with them now cos I haven’t put them in.
I think it depends on how you cook then as some ways they are higher but other marginally lower. I usually use butternut squash or other squash as they are considerably lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back