one way yo get a glucose meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah id second Caroline I won one myself about 8 month ago it was a total surprise as i never win anything lol.

i won two of the bad boys, and i hate them.... its too complicated, so i am sticking to my nano!!!

have to give feedback on the things if you do win though but you can do that online

OOOOHH

MY 100TH POST - YAY ME!!!!

xxx

My other freebie hasn't turned up so I'll give this a go - thanks Caroline 🙂

My free Bayer Breeze 2 arrived this week* and I hate it, it's big and complicated, I couldn't get the hang of it at all. I'll be sticking to my Freestyle Lite which is idiot proof... Nearly.

*I entered the competition for it months ago and had completely forgotten about it till the thing arrived on Monday.

Thing is, when you're high or low and need to test, simple systems are best because your mental functions could be impaired. Faffing about with solutions and test strip wheels is too much like hard work. However, it is free and if your DSN or doctor won't give you one then it's a viable alternative.

Yeah, I applied for one of those Breeze thingies months ago and had forgotten about it until it turned up last week. I had already bought a second ultra easy from Lifescan, the same model as the one nursey gave me. Took one look at the Bayer one and decided straight away it was too much like hard work - I gave it away to Scotty!

I'm happy with the simplicity of the Ultra Easy..

Karina 🙂

i have one as well but is not smaller the the Menarini so is still in the box

I think it is all a question of what we are used to., and if we can't get one from anywhere else, this at least is an option. I have an ultra easy at work and ay home and one in my bag.

I don't have a problem getting the testing gadget - my nurse gave me one but she has restricted me to one pack of 50 testing strips for 4 months - less than 3 tests a week. They are expensive to buy.

Anyone know where I can get free test strips instead of the machine ? 🙄

Thanks (not holding my breathe thought, I suspect these co's make their money on the strips not the meters)

Linda

I have two - I bought one, and then I won this one - I much prefer this one.

I even got a free orange stripey case and USB cable when I registered it online :D

The other one I have is a one touch ultraeasy (and the lancet hurts more than the contour one!?!)

I don't have a problem getting the testing gadget - my nurse gave me one but she has restricted me to one pack of 50 testing strips for 4 months - less than 3 tests a week. They are expensive to buy.

Anyone know where I can get free test strips instead of the machine ? 🙄

Thanks (not holding my breathe thought, I suspect these co's make their money on the strips not the meters)

Linda

Are you diet/excercise controllled yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back