one touch ultra smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellbell84

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
i have been selected to trial this meter but having played with it a little bit, does anyone use this meter on a regular basis?

not only that, but the website for one touch says its stopping the retail sale of its meters so if i decide to use this as my main meter, will test strips etc be hard to get?!!?

currently have an aviva nano, but im starting to like the one touch, it tells you if your sugars are high, to check for ketones 🙂

any thoughts, greatly appreciated!!!

thanks

xxx

I used to use it on a regular basis. Why are they having trials when it's been out for agggees? :D

I don't think it will be harder to get strips because ALOT of people use the one touch strips.

ohhhh, i dunno in that case, i need to trial it and compare it to my aviva nano then i get to keep it

its good that you can keep a log of how you feel and your exercise regime and your food levels etc (how many carbs)

i quite like it!!

Yep it is good. It was too big for my bag though, so now I use a one touch ultra easy :D

afternoon

Katie does that mean you've got one sitting around collecting dust??

I use an Ultra Smart. I love it, and found it invaluable when I was starting to carb count - a lot easier than using paper log books although the info it can store is not quite as comprehensive as some logs. If you use the computer software for it you can download all the information and get all sorts of usefull graphs and print out a log to show your med team.

Unfortunately, although it tells you to check for ketones it will not test for them - perhaps something for Lifescan to include in future meters.

I had not heard that they intend to stop retailing meters so I'm just off to their site to see what they say - I can't imagine there will be a problem with the strips though as the same strips are used in all their current range of meters.

I am tempted by it Jules, but am concerned by it's size although I don't have a bag like Katie, I do like everything to fit in my back pocket whilst standing at the bar!

afternoon

Katie does that mean you've got one sitting around collecting dust??

sorr, did you want it? I can't find it :confused: not sure what happened to it. I got mine from the DSN for free, so you could ask for one next time you go!

I am tempted by it Jules, but am concerned by it's size although I don't have a bag like Katie, I do like everything to fit in my back pocket whilst standing at the bar!

It is a bit big, but very smart 😉

It's not much bigger than most meters and it's smaller than some.

Well I'm meeting my new "crack Team" on 23rd December, I'll see if I can raid there store😉

Looking at Lifescan's site it would appear that the reason they have stopped retailing the meters is that they now give them all away free - now when are they going to get round to doing the same with pumps. 🙂

Was looking on Lifescan site after reading this thread- I had no idea you could order new machines from them, so have got a new One Touch Ultra and some new type of lancets on there way for my son! It was so easy, why can't it be that easy getting stuff from the GP??? ( I know that's a different thread!)
Thanks for the thread.
C 🙂

oooh didnt know they give you free software and batteries - happy days!! i like the fact you can add stuff about carbs etc - are these features on other meters then, i thought it was just this one!!

x x x

Had a letter last week about ultrasmart meter mines 18 months old, now got a new one.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back