One Touch Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidge63

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
On the Lifescan one touch site there is a notice to say that as of september 2009 they weren't selling products in shops. I checked on the site for where to buy and it says:

In the UK and Ireland, OneTouch? Brand blood glucose meters are available free to insulin users from our Customer Care team. Simply call Freephone:

UK - 0800 121 200 Ireland - 1800 535 676
8.30am - 6pm Mon-Fri, 9am - 1pm Sat Calls are free from BT landline. Calls from other networks may be higher and calls from mobiles may be considerably more.LifeScan meters are also available at your diabetes clinic. Please speak to your Nurse

http://www.lifescan.co.uk/OurProducts/WhereObtain.aspx

Thanks Squdge! I knew one of the companies were now providing all their meters free, but couldn't remember which one. 🙂

I've seen one touch meters on sale in Boots and Superdrug i'm sure. I've also had no problem buying test strips in pharmacies (except that there's usually consternation about "can we sell these?" and "are you sure you want to buy them? You can get them on prescription you know".....no i can't!!! )

On the Lifescan one touch site there is a notice to say that as of september 2009 they weren't selling products in shops. I checked on the site for where to buy and it says:

In the UK and Ireland, OneTouch? Brand blood glucose meters are available free to insulin users from our Customer Care team. Simply call Freephone:

UK - 0800 121 200 Ireland - 1800 535 676
8.30am - 6pm Mon-Fri, 9am - 1pm Sat Calls are free from BT landline. Calls from other networks may be higher and calls from mobiles may be considerably more.LifeScan meters are also available at your diabetes clinic. Please speak to your Nurse

http://www.lifescan.co.uk/OurProducts/WhereObtain.aspx

They also replace the batteries and send out control solutions and record books of you ask them.

Does this mean we wont be able to buy strips without a prescription? Because my chemists dont stock them anyway, I buy off eBay, and if they're not going to be on there any more, I'll have to look into a new meter (not being able to get them on prescription).

Does this mean we wont be able to buy strips without a prescription? Because my chemists dont stock them anyway, I buy off eBay, and if they're not going to be on there any more, I'll have to look into a new meter (not being able to get them on prescription).

I don't think the strips are affected - it's the meters that are not going to be sold any more, just given away free 🙂

Phew! 😱

It says this on the site about one touch test strips: All current OneTouch? brand test strips and lancets are unaffected and will continue to be available on prescription.

I called them today and they are sending me out a One Touch Vita meter, but it uses different test strips than the other one touch meters, so I will have to go see my dr and see if she will prescribe me them.

I called them and got them to send me an Ultra Smart (the logfile looked interesting) and a USB cable, despite me having a One Touch meter already (woops must have lost it).

Hmm you see, that statement contradicts itself, it says they'll still be available, then says "on prescription". So presumably the people selling on eBay have a prescription then are selling them on?

Cant afford to buy them off anywhere else, I'm seriously going to have to consider different means of testing, as I have about ?9 in my bank account til payday, and 5 test strips left. Cheapest I can find them is ?13 inc p+p on eBay. So basically I'm going to have to do without.

I received my meter today :D

WOw - One Touch UltraSmart Meter arrived this morning, only phone yesterday. A bit disappointed, can;t get the cable to work on Windows 7 or Vista and can't be ar*'d to phone their tech support. The OK button keeps sticking which is a pain. However Meter is agreeing with my USB Contour and it looks quite good for keeping track of your meds/insulin/pills etc.

WOw - One Touch UltraSmart Meter arrived this morning, only phone yesterday. A bit disappointed, can;t get the cable to work on Windows 7 or Vista and can't be ar*'d to phone their tech support. The OK button keeps sticking which is a pain. However Meter is agreeing with my USB Contour and it looks quite good for keeping track of your meds/insulin/pills etc.

I've just been sent a free upgrade letter for my Accuchek software. It will come with a usb connector for the IR meter reader, so I though great! as I have been having to use my old PC as the old reader has a serial connector. Then I read that the software doesn't work on 64 bit computers, or Windows 7. My laptop is both! 🙄

When i rang yesterday the guy told me they didn't have any ultrasmart meters and the next delivery would be in 2 weeks..!!!!

Must of got the last one, he he. Got it working with Vista, it needs a USB driver, a meter driver and the software (all available on the web site).
Finally got what I wanted, you can Omit readings, just as well as the first reading was with the test solution and got logged as a before breakfast. The PC software is good and allows you to put your pills (limit of I think 5) and your Insulin (including Pump), and your carbs for each meal. Buttons a bit sticky, especially the OK button which is a bit of a pain. Having to code for each pot of strips isn't too difficult, especially if you are going to use the test solution with the new pot, as you should.
You can export your data to CSV file and import it as well.

Don't forget to ask for the USB cable which fits all OneTouch meters with a socket (which is most).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back