one of those days

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiv

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi everyone

i've had one of those days where i just cannot keep my levels up. i started the day on 10.3, had breakfast and 1u to correct, then crashed down into the 3s a couple of hours later. throughout the day i haven't seemed to keep my levels above 4. i got 5.5 an hour ago which i'm pleased with, but i just feel so tired from being low all day!

also, i had a new member of staff working with me today, and i got the "do you have the good diabetes or the bad one?" *headdesk*

hi everyone

i've had one of those days where i just cannot keep my levels up. i started the day on 10.3, had breakfast and 1u to correct, then crashed down into the 3s a couple of hours later. throughout the day i haven't seemed to keep my levels above 4. i got 5.5 an hour ago which i'm pleased with, but i just feel so tired from being low all day!

also, i had a new member of staff working with me today, and i got the "do you have the good diabetes or the bad one?" *headdesk*

He he! I was asked the other week (by someone from BUPA) whether being on the pump meant Alex had 'very severe diabetes'! I was very polite to her because I realised that the sound of a pump makes things sound 'really bad'!😉:DBev

Hope your numbers improved Shiv. I suppose if you don't know the difference one sounds more serious than the other, but we know otherwise...

*Fistface* on a bad day I would say.

I was having a good day until I followed the DSN's advice for post hour of pain in the gym, have some carbs she said, it'll prevent you from dropping too low. Turns out it does just that, by pushing you the other way. I know I didn't exceed 10.9 but it's still irritating seeing as I'm going for the hour of pain at least twice a week now.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back