One month, still stable with no hypos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good morning guys.

Haven’t been on here really for the past month - busy life both work and family.

A month has past since I went away for the weekend as some may recall.

Well, still my levels have been completely in range and haven’t had a hypo at all! Crazy 🙂

I guess I’ve learnt more about what foods/how much carbs I can eat without injecting as I don’t inject apart from my evening meal where I will take 2 - 4 units depending on size of meal.

Just a little update. And hope everyone reading this is enjoying the build up to Xmas.

Good to hear you are managing so well. The honeymoon period can cause some people to have a very smooth transition into Type 1 diabetes and give others a rather more erratic journey. I am not sure if one is better than the other. Sometimes being thrown in at the deep end means you learn more quickly and surviving that can increase your experience and confidence. With a smooth start, it can be easy to assume that your diabetes will always be so manageable, so it can make things more difficult and frustrating later when things become more tricky.
I also think it is easy to become complacent about hypos when you have not experienced one, so don't assume that it won't suddenly catch you unawares and always be prepared with treatments close to hand.

Good luck with your continued journey. I hope it remains a smooth one for you, but don't worry too much if that changes as it is all part of the idiosyncrasy of the condition. You just get the hang of the game when the goal posts suddenly move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back