One month on pump: RE-SULT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Today was E's first clinic appointment since going on the pump one month ago. I've just heard from him -- jubilant. He has:

1) gained much needed 3kgs
2) grown 1.5 cms
3) an hba1c of 7%! After one month!

In April, our consultant was keen to get some weight on him: 91st percentile in height, 14th in weight. Eek.

Ta-da!

We just *knew* the pump was doing it for him. Yay! He's growing, my boy is growing! And his hba1c is target range. Absolutely brilliant.

He is just SO chuffed. I'm so pleased for him.

brilliant brilliant!! well done E such great news and hitting all the right targets im so pleased for you both patricia must be great feeling when all the hard work has paid off

congrats 🙂🙂🙂🙂

How wonderful. That is so good!

Brilliant news, pat on the back both of you. Great, pumps are the best there is no getting away from it, it is just a nightmare it is a postcode lottery out there.

Thats brilliant news after only being on the pump for 1 month! I cant remember what his last hba1c was? Is there a big improvement?🙂Bev

Terrific news! So pleased for you! Well done E for taking to it so quickly and doing so well!!!!:D

Hi Patricia,

Thats brilliant news...well done to E as well..superb hb result...:D

Yes..our baby boys are growing up to fast....Nathan already looking down on me...lol

Heidi
🙂

Thanks all!

It's on the face of it only a minor improvement really -- his last hba1c was 7.5, which the clinic were delighted with. In truth, we were less so, because we all felt it was at a huge cost: loads of swings and very low hypos. The one before was 8.5, and this included the horrible two weeks of out of control numbers over Easter.

The 7% at clinic today after one month I think shows that his overall hba1c is likely to go lower with no huge suffering. Considering the figure comes from 3months bloods, to have half a percentile knocked off in one month is quite impressive....AND his quality of life has been so hugely improved (esp compared to the extremes from before).

That is soo good patricia, i'm so glad he is improving so much after ebing on the pump :D

That's great news, patricia! Gosh! You must be so chuffed! Congratulations to E, yourself and your family for your achivement.

You all deserve a treat! 🙂🙂

That is brilliant well done to you both. As you say that reduction is only in 1 month so after another couple of months if things continue as they are it will be nearer the magic 6.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back