One million Brits can 'dump their deodorants'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
"One million people who have non-body odour gene still use deodorant," is the headline from The Daily Telegraph, with a similar Daily Mail report saying many people use deodorant needlessly because their sweat doesn?t smell.
The stories are based on research on a particular DNA sequence variation within the ABCC11 gene. This variation has previously been associated with both earwax production and armpit sweat production, with one variation (genotype) linked with both dry earwax and less smelly sweat, and another genotype linked with wet earwax and more odorous sweat.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/01January/Pages/One-million-Brits-can-dump-their-deodorants.aspx

ROFLMAO - TMI follows.

I got up this morning and immediately had to stick some cotton wool down my earole to deal with the cause of the sound of the sea I was getting before I did anything else - not unusual. For me.

Then not long after when taking if off to wash, I thought, OMG, I really must put this (new) dressing gown in the wash immediately!

Think I know which category DNA I inherited - and I'll most certainly continue to invest in deodorant, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back