One Day T2 Diabetes Remission Workshop - is there a level playing field?

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Your views and experiences are wanted

Attend a virtual one-day workshop

Share your personal views on remission of type 2 diabetes and health inequality

We're looking for people who are:
  • in remission from type 2 diabetes
  • who have an interest in remission
  • or who have an interest in health inequality
to volunteer to attend a virtual one-day workshop on 29 October 2020.

We’d be asking you join a Zoom call (we can help with access to this) and to work in small groups where we will ask you to commit to sharing your personal experience and listen to the views of others so that we can bring different viewpoints to the discussion.

Find out more information and apply here:

AndBreathe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Your views and experiences are wanted

Attend a virtual one-day workshop

Share your personal views on remission of type 2 diabetes and health inequality

We're looking for people who are:
  • in remission from type 2 diabetes
  • who have an interest in remission
  • or who have an interest in health inequality
to volunteer to attend a virtual one-day workshop on 29 October 2020.

We’d be asking you join a Zoom call (we can help with access to this) and to work in small groups where we will ask you to commit to sharing your personal experience and listen to the views of others so that we can bring different viewpoints to the discussion.

Find out more information and apply here:
I had an email about that one, with the workshop details attached. The overview was this:

"Overview
Research funded by Diabetes UK has shown that losing a significant amount of weight by following a low-calorie weight loss programme can help some people with type 2 diabetes get their blood sugar levels below the diabetes range and come off their diabetes medications.And some people who have had weight loss surgery have seen the same outcome. This is called remission of type 2 diabetes. It is very exciting and can be life changing. We want to make sure that everyone who can benefit can get the help they need to go into remission. But we know that people from certain communities or backgrounds might find this harder. We want your help to tackle this."

I have enquired whether Diabetes UK are only interested in those who utilised VLC or surgical interventions to achieve remission. I haven't had a response yet, but to be fair, my enquiry is only a couple of business hours old.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
They seem to have the answer they want firmly fixed in their research parameters - others have done the same and to no good effect.

AndBreathe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
They seem to have the answer they want firmly fixed in their research parameters - others have done the same and to no good effect.
I'm not jumping to conclusions at this point. It might just be my interpretation, Drummer.

AndBreathe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have heard back from DUK about the workshop.

They are interested to hear from those who have achieved remission, but whatever means, not just those who utilised VLC diets or surgical intervention.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have heard back from DUK about the workshop.

They are interested to hear from those who have achieved remission, but whatever means, not just those who utilised VLC diets or surgical intervention.
That’s really good to hear @AndBreathe

Hope some members of the forum who have reduced and maintained their HbA1c to below 48 with no medications are able to take part :)

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just giving this one a bump in case anyone who is interested in, or who has achieved remission would like to take part

Were you looking into it @Drummer?