On Track!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaver01

Account removed
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Okay guys, im back and have got myself on track!

I did shopping today for the first time since getting diagnosed (it took 3 hours!!! - nightmare, baby crying husband and me scanning EVERY packet, poeple looking at us if we were mentle - NIGHTMARE! lol) - i have put myself on a strict diet and have kept to it for 2 days! 3 meals evened out, if i get hungry between i eat original riveta (they taste not bad dry and on there on with a cup of tea!!) or have myself some fruit or a pint of water.

NO MORE chocloate, no more crisps, no more fatty pies!! i have brought fresh fish (actually very cheap for fresh fish in tesco!!) fresh meat fresh veggies and have been cooking every day 🙂 i have even COMPLETELY given up on sugar in my tea!! And i turned down a mcdonalds egg mc muffin when my dad offered to buy me one!! and i turned down a choccy bar when my mum forgot i was diabetic and brought me a choccy bar lol!!

I have brought some recipe books for diabetics, i have brought some BG testing strips, some lancets - i have been testing my blood twice a day and its all been going swimmingly!! i also brought some oderless garlic capsules to help lower my colesterol.

I have convinced my hubby to come to the gym with me on wednesdays (im going alone on monday and fridays) and he is!!! so he is a big support!! so im going to my gym 3 times a week!!

i have started a diary of my longterm goal (to be a size 12 by next summer!) and to record my short terms goals, BS levels, Weight, Feelsing etc etc.

i have booked my appointment and confirmed it for october - im going to show the doctor i dont need no pills because i am going to control this thing with exercise and healthy eating!

I jumped on the scales today and in 2 days i have lost 4 lbs!! so im slowly getting there!!

Good on you - well done!!!!🙂

That sounds really good. 🙂

Keep it up and give yourself some time off the strict diet occasionally (but not before you get your diagnosis sorted!) 😉

Andy

well done you 🙂 keep up the good work xxx

Keep up the good stuff....once you see the weight creeping off its such a boost to keep going. I lost 2 and a half stone last year and have managed to keep it off (although i have found our i am pregnant so on it all goes again)!
Well done 🙂

Bernie xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back