On the road to getting a pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch1ps

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My consultant ok'd me for a pump today. I will be getting a Medtronic (if funding accepted, will know if this goes ahead in about 6 weeks).

I'm excited :D

Edit to say: Also got my T1 diagnosis today too!

That's brilliant news about the pump. I'm really pleased for you🙂

Thanks 🙂

On the T1 thing they did a GAD? test a few months back as my original 2010 diagnosis was T2. GP was convinced I was a T2 but I asked for a consultant last year and she changed my diagnosis officially today.

Thanks 🙂

On the T1 thing they did a GAD? test a few months back as my original 2010 diagnosis was T2. GP was convinced I was a T2 but I asked for a consultant last year and she changed my diagnosis officially today.

That's good to hear that you've finally got a correct diagnosis, shame it took so long! 🙂

Hi ch1ps,

Great news!:D You know where to come when you start on it - Alex (15) uses the Medtronic VEO so any questions just ask.🙂Bev

Hi ch1ps, Good at getting go ahead on pump. & your meds should make you feel better 🙂

Hi ch1ps,

Great news!:D You know where to come when you start on it - Alex (15) uses the Medtronic VEO so any questions just ask.🙂Bev

Thanks Bev 🙂

Great news about both the diagnosis and the pump!

It took me 8 and a half years to get a correct diagnosis and it made SUCH a difference to the support and education I got. Plus I am also now getting a pump. So I know how excited you must feel.

I will keep you posted as waiting for the funding to be approved.

I know it will take some getting used to at first, but yes I am very much looking forward to this. 🙂

Update

DSN emailed today asking if I wanted a particular colour of Medtronic. Went for pink (shamelessly girly I know).

Pump nurse been off for a while, due back next week, but have been provisionally booked in with the Medtronic rep for 1st August. Could be sooner depending on pump nurse's availability.

:D

Last edited:
Ooh how exciting! I didn't know they came in pink 🙂

There are a few colours, was going to get silver, didn't think I would be allowed to choose. It's going to come round quick now 🙂

A pink pump wow - so much funkier than the black one that I've got. You will love being on a pump🙂

Brilliant news for you. I use a Medtronic pump so as others have said, any problems or questions please don't hesitate to ask. 🙂

Thanks Riri :D

Start date confirmed as 1st August. Going straight on to insulin 😱

I'm very excited Northerner 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back