on prescription?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi,
I have read on here somewhere that you can get dextrose tablets on prescription - is that right?🙂 Bev

Hi,
I have read on here somewhere that you can get dextrose tablets on prescription - is that right?🙂 Bev

Don't know about that, although I did get Glucogel on prescription, so it may be possible - depending on the GP I suppose!

yes you can get glucotabs on prescription- think thats the only brand though. it's the big pots, so you would have to buy one of the small tubes to refill.

I haven't asked yet, as i have a good supply, but might when I run out

i dont get dextrose on prescription, but yes i can get glucogel. i do however stick to the dextrose tablets as i find they are better for any hypos i have. even better is a bag of jelly babies :D

yes you can get glucotabs on prescription- think thats the only brand though. it's the big pots, so you would have to buy one of the small tubes to refill.

I haven't asked yet, as i have a good supply, but might when I run out

I didn't know, I think I'll ask for some when I go to the GPs next week!🙂 Mind you, I've been carrying some around in my pocket for months - tend to eat jelly babies.

i tend to go the jelly babies route myself :D taste better and also a good excuse to have some sweets handy lol

So many people prefer jelly babies - you ought to be able to get them on prescription!:D

lol i wish!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha would save me having to buy in bulk when they are on the cheep then!!!! lol :D

Yes, I always get the big boxes when they are 'buy one get one free'!🙂

tesco had them on less than half price last week so i bought 3 boxes of them *the boxes with the larger packets in* as i knew i was low on them lol

Yeah I know people have got them on prescription, it might depend on the GP if they prescribe them though, not sure if they will see them like paracetamol type item- can be prescribed but people can also go and buy their own at less cost to the NHS? All we can do is ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back