On my patient record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornflake57

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Excepted from diabetes qual indicators: Patient unsuitable (XaJ4h)

This appeared on my patient record last week, and I’m not clear in understanding what it means. Is there anyone who could advise? Thank you.

SNOMED CT code. ICD Code-10 Not in scope. I looked on the internet (as I am sure you must have done) but could find no more detail than that. Not very helpful.

The SNOMED CT codes are computer readable codes used my the medical proffesion across the world (it seems).

Sorry, but that is all I could find out. Hopefully someone in the know will be along soon to enlighten us.

This isn’t about you per se but rather about the surgery reporting things back to the NHS.
It means that for some reason you don’t fit into the category whose stats they want reporting so you are “unsuitable” for reporting as you don’t “qualify”.
Hope that puts your mind at rest a bit but I agree the way it appears on the record is disconcerting.

Guessing it just means they don’t score you’re risk of getting diabetes, because you already have it?

Found this that might help explain what it is about, but without being specific to your code, but a general idea re funding
HERE

ETA
This part might be the "J" of your code if you are newly diagnosed?

Patients exempted automatically from any of the indicators by reporting software
j) Patients newly diagnosed within the practice with diabetes or who have recently registered with the practice, who should have measurements made within 3 months and delivery of clinical standards within 9 months, e.g. blood pressure or cholesterol measurements within target levels

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back