On iPod and Fiasp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlieb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Anyone here use Fiasp insulin with an Omnipod pump. I seem to have variable results with occasional unexplained hypers. Anyone else have problems?

I have been using Fiasp with my pump for a couple of years.
I have had no issues but there are some people who find Fiasp does not suit them.

I have noticed a couple of things
- the out of the fridge shelf life for Fiasp is not as long as other fast acting insulins such as NovoRapid
- the speed at which Fiasp works seems to depend on my starting blood sugars. If I am in the 4s or 5s, Fiasp starts pretty much straight away. However, if my levels are over 10, it can take nearly an hour to work.

Anyone here use Fiasp insulin with an Omnipod pump. I seem to have variable results with occasional unexplained hypers. Anyone else have problems?
You need to go and do a bit of research regarding fiasp and the pod as I'm sure I read somewhere it was not recommended for the pod.

Fiasp worked OK for me initially. then my body seemed to go off it. But i am fine with Novo (not very) Rapid 🙂

While i was on a medtronic i used fiasp for about 5 years and worked fine but now i am on omnipod dash i found it a bit sore on my arms using fiasp so went back on novorapid ,every 5 mins i felt the basal inject which was sore i had never used my arms or back before with a tubed pump probably the skin is a bit more sensitive than my stomach and legs .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back