On another note... Metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustee2011

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have to let my Doctor know that I had to adjust my Metformin dosage. I was on 3X 500mg - 1 in the morning, 2 in the evening
However, I have found that whether breakfast or lunch if I take a tablet, it lowers my sugar to the exrent I feel hungry, even after a big meal. So I am fine with the evening dosage. Plus I have lost a bit of weight, that could be a factor also.
Onwards and Upwards

I have to let my Doctor know that I had to adjust my Metformin dosage. I was on 3X 500mg - 1 in the morning, 2 in the evening
However, I have found that whether breakfast or lunch if I take a tablet, it lowers my sugar to the exrent I feel hungry, even after a big meal. So I am fine with the evening dosage. Plus I have lost a bit of weight, that could be a factor also.
Onwards and Upwards
It's unlikely to be a Metformin effect. A Met tablet doesn't act quickly and directly on bgs, it's just keeping the level of Met topped up. 1500 is the minimum effective dose ( i.e. value for money), doses below that have minimal effect and are just build-up, loading doses to acclimatise to it.

Could be, but I have found it better on just the 2 tablets in the evening

Good that you are discussing your plans with your Dr.

Glad you have found it’s working well for you. Have your BGs been more or less the same as before?

Congrats on the weight loss!

Funny thing is my Doctor has always advised me not to. Reason being I am not at that stage. However, it makes me feel a bit powerless in that aspect. Doc said doing the test now would just be doing uneccessary finger pricking. So will look at other options. Maybe the watch and BG skin pads. Onwards and Upwards

Funny thing is my Doctor has always advised me not to. Reason being I am not at that stage. However, it makes me feel a bit powerless in that aspect. Doc said doing the test now would just be doing uneccessary finger pricking. So will look at other options. Maybe the watch and BG skin pads. Onwards and Upwards
It sounds like your Doc has asked you to drive down the motorway with a blindfold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back