Omnipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1dnc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
I usually take most newspaper reports on D related matters with a large pinch of salt but this, in today's Telegraph, is a bit concerning

I can see several newspapers with similar reports (and one in the Daily Mail) so there's no reason to doubt the basic story (though I imagine there are details that haven't been reported correctly).

Also discussion here: https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/quite-concerning.97672/

I have messaged my clinic pump team to see whether they have received an official statement from Insulet other than the somewhat anodyne one reported in the article. The team have taken this up with Insulet and are awaiting a response. I will let you know if, and when, I hear anything more.

In the meantime, they have advised me to continue with my current treatment regime i.e. keep podding.

Worldwide how many are using libre system, we dont know ins & outs of what happened so panic not, speaking here as omnipod user myself btw.

Its tragically sad & feel for family left behind.

My pump team have passed on this statement from Insulet:

"Consumer safety is Insulet’s number one priority. Our products are highly regulated, and we have comprehensive controls and procedures in place to ensure the safety of our products. Insulet has been made aware of this unfortunate incident and is working with the Ministry of Health and Regulatory Affairs (MHRA) in the UK to obtain the device for further investigation. At this point, we do not have evidence of a device malfunction or performance issue. Further analysis will be conducted upon receiving the device. Insulet has been safely and effectively designing, manufacturing, and distributing the Omnipod® Insulin Management System for more than 15 years and it is safe to use as intended with a prescription. We extend our deepest condolences to Mr. McNairney’s loved ones at this difficult time."

I don't suppose we could have expected anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back