Omnipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

spell

Anyone know how to turn off ALL alarms and beeping on the omnipod dash without resorting to a hammer.ive tried in all the settings without luck

There's a little hole in the back under the adhesive patch where you shove in a paperclip or the like. There's a reference to it in the manual - unfortunately I can't tell you exactly where it is as I don't have my manual with me - I think about page 100.

You poke the paperclip in really hard and it disables the pod completely. The only way to stop a screamer.

There's a little hole in the back under the adhesive patch where you shove in a paperclip or the like. There's a reference to it in the manual - unfortunately I can't tell you exactly where it is as I don't have my manual with me - I think about page 100.

You poke the paperclip in really hard and it disables the pod completely. The only way to stop a screamer.
Oh I meant the pdm not the pod

Remove the pod and go back to injections!

But if
Cos I don't want a peice of tech telling me what to do, even in an advisory way
If you change your pump regularly and don't let the insulin get low, you won't hear the alarms.
So, instead of turning off the alarms, you can stop them happening in the first place.

But if

If you change your pump regularly and don't let the insulin get low, you won't hear the alarms.
So, instead of turning off the alarms, you can stop them happening in the first place.
The problem is when it does start alarming, that is an instant trigger for me to do NOTHING about it.
I would rather feel the effects of it not working then maybe do something about it

I would rather feel the effects of it not working then maybe do something about it

I can understand that gut reaction, and get very weary / enraged / obstinate with alarm fatigue.

But perhaps it’s worth asking if that is working for you as a strategy?

If it is actually making things worse not better?

And if it is part of a self-destructive cycle?

You can fix that.

It‘s a change you can start today. No paperclip, and no hammer required 🙂

Just change your pod before the alarm goes off. Change it slightly earlier than 3 days for a few months if you need to.

Then perhaps you can change your reaction to those alarms - reset the way you instinctively respond to them to treat them as helpful reminders, not “being told what to do”.

I can understand that gut reaction, and get very weary / enraged / obstinate with alarm fatigue.

But perhaps it’s worth asking if that is working for you as a strategy?

If it is actually making things worse not better?

And if it is part of a self-destructive cycle?

You can fix that.

It‘s a change you can start today. No paperclip, and no hammer required 🙂

Just change your pod before the alarm goes off. Change it slightly earlier than 3 days for a few months if you need to.

Then perhaps you can change your reaction to those alarms - reset the way you instinctively respond to them to treat them as helpful reminders, not “being told what to do”.
I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head there,I agree, this is self destruction

I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head there,I agree, this is self destruction

Well you can change that. It’s not easy, and it’s not quick. But it IS possible.

And you can start today. Right now.

Begin to turn away from negative feelings towards yourself. Begin to separate away your thoughts, urges and feelings. Recognise that these come and go, but that they are not ‘you’.

Mindfulness and CBT can all feel a bit wishy washy, but within them are some very powerful tools to understand how our brains work, and how they sometimes work against us.

But that it doesn‘t have to be that way.

Change is difficult. But it is possible.

The problem is when it does start alarming, that is an instant trigger for me to do NOTHING about it.

I get that sometimes - like I want to spite the tech somehow. The best way to defeat the alarms is to pre-empt them. Eg for reservoir changes or battery changes I write a note in my diary. I then change the reservoir/batteries before the tech has even thought about alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back