Omnipod Water Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom1982

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Are there any patches or protective covers for Omnipod’s? Going away in the summer to a gaff with a pool and the daughter is definitely going to want to get involved.

No need for patches or protective covers, the pods are fully waterproof for swimming. The PDM though isn't, so that must be kept dry. It shouldn't be a problem though as you're not likely to need to use it during pool fun. You might need to think about a temporary basal reduction if things get really boisterous

Are there any patches or protective covers for Omnipod’s? Going away in the summer to a gaff with a pool and the daughter is definitely going to want to get involved.
Insulet produce Podpals, which you might like to try. I found information about them on their website, rang about them and they sent me a free pack. I haven't used many but if I was in and out of a pool all day I would find them helpful to keep the pod stuck on.

Insulet produce Podpals, which you might like to try. I found information about them on their website, rang about them and they sent me a free pack. I haven't used many but if I was in and out of a pool all day I would find them helpful to keep the pod stuck on.
We had a trial pack of them and they were really good. Tried to get them added to prescription but they weren’t interested. Seems as bit short sighted as she’s 6 and will probably continue to knock plenty off!

Many of us self fund extras like these. I bought an arm strap for my Libre.... actually I also self funded Libre for several months before I got it on prescription as many Type 2s still do. The NHS has limited resources so sometimes you have to decide that there is a benefit to self funding such things.

Many of us self fund extras like these. I bought an arm strap for my Libre.... actually I also self funded Libre for several months before I got it on prescription as many Type 2s still do. The NHS has limited resources so sometimes you have to decide that there is a benefit to self funding such things.
How very dare you!!! I refuse to pay for any of this trash!!! (Just joking) yeah that’s what we are going to do, they are bloody handy. Like others have said in the past, there are some really great gadgets and gizmos that make all this just that little bit easier.

I’ve used the podpals and find them quite effective and easier to ply than the over patches available from the shop here.

I haven't had issues with my pod and holiday / water / suncream etc. but a child is in and out of the water a lot more.
For me it is stuff like the sun protection and aftersun that impacted my pods sticky edges, and then I found myself sticking the pump in under skinwear spots, which helped and then I used a patch for my libres to at least give them more coverage from the lotions etc.

Like other people have been saying, Omnipods are incredibly good with water, the adhesive is incredibly strong - I wouldn't worry about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back