omnipod pump back to a tubed pump (tandem or ypsomed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matchless

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am having a lot of failures with my omnipod dash ,i have to many leaking pods which nearly all fail in the evening then with another pod takes till about 3 oclock in the morning to get back to normal ,i have had the omnipods since June at first i liked having the freedom of no tubing and the remote (PDM ) but have had enough of leaking pods, i am very interested with tandem and ypsomed looping and both appear to have phone Bluetooth connection ,ii would like to hear from pumpers using tandem and ypsomed pumps.

will your clinic allow you to change pumps? You usually have to keep a pump 4 years.

will your clinic allow you to change pumps? You usually have to keep a pump 4 years.
When I changed to the omnipod I was assured here in france I could change it any time as you change a pod every three days and dispose of the used pump .

Ah OK, I thought you were in UK. Sorry.

I am having a lot of failures with my omnipod dash ,i have to many leaking pods which nearly all fail in the evening then with another pod takes till about 3 oclock in the morning to get back to normal ,i have had the omnipods since June at first i liked having the freedom of no tubing and the remote (PDM ) but have had enough of leaking pods, i am very interested with tandem and ypsomed looping and both appear to have phone Bluetooth connection ,ii would like to hear from pumpers using tandem and ypsomed pumps.

Out of interest where were pods placed when they leaked?

On my thighs mostly .

Try elsewhere, arms stomach even sides are good, dont use thighs myself as get poor absorption there.

Only had few leaky pods in 10 years, none since using new pods with Dash, what did reps or customer service say to explain why your having issues? Dont have to answer if dont want to.

I do use my arms and the side of my hips my stomach is insulin resistant for over use with pens and other pumps due to over use i know i can use lower back but my wife would have to attach it i did try one on my back but was uncomfortable when driving the car also since being on the pod my HBA1bc has risen from 6.2 average to 6.6 my last blood test ,i have a appointment in May to see my Endo when i will ask to change my pump.
I do use my arms and the side of my hips my stomach is insulin resistant for over use with pens and other pumps due to over use i know i can use lower back but my wife would have to attach it i did try one on my back but was uncomfortable when driving the car also since being on the pod my HBA1bc has risen from 6.2 average to 6.6 my last blood test ,i have a appointment in May to see my Endo when i will ask to change my pump.

Know what you mean about wearing it on back, anyway good luck with appointment & hope you get swap.

Know what you mean about wearing it on back, anyway good luck with appointment & hope you get swap.
Thank you I have just changed back to an old animas vibe pump that I still have from about 9 years ago but have very limited old infusion sets .

I am getting on well with the Tandem tSlim and self-funded Dexcom G6, allowing for Control IQ.

All systems have their foibles, but I think this is probably the best combination I have used - certainly my ‘time in range’ has never been higher,

There are rumours of a Tandem phone app ‘soon’, but the pump is currently only controllable via the touch-screen on the pump itself. Dexcom does have a bluetooth app for viewing sensor glucose though.

I am getting on well with the Tandem tSlim and self-funded Dexcom G6, allowing for Control IQ.

All systems have their foibles, but I think this is probably the best combination I have used - certainly my ‘time in range’ has never been higher,

There are rumours of a Tandem phone app ‘soon’, but the pump is currently only controllable via the touch-screen on the pump itself. Dexcom does have a bluetooth app for viewing sensor glucose though.
I have just read the FDA have just passed the tandem app Feb 22 so should be very soon ,i have enjoyed the omnipod when it was working well but now i am going from one sleepless night another with leaking pods or pour insulin absorption ? my arms seem to have the best success rate but i cannot just use my arms without a rest and use my other limited site choices , weather its the short pod cannular or insulin resistance i dont know i did have better success in the past with longer cannulars 6-9 mm on animas and medtronic ,o well weather my endo has a solution for the podd or offers me another pump thanks for replying it helps when your feeling down thanks.

Can I please ask what would be best for my 6 year old omnipod dash or tSlim.

Can I please ask what would be best for my 6 year old omnipod dash or tSlim.

I am not sure if there are limitations on the Omnipod, but Control IQ needs the user to be above a minimum weight.

This from the Tandem website:

“Control-IQ technology should not be used by anyone under the age of six years old. It should also not be used in patients who require less than 10 units of insulin per day or who weigh less than 55 pounds (25kg)”

Of course, you can use a pump without the hybrid closed loop aspect, and many youngsters have benefitted hugely from switching to pump therapy.

Have your clinic offered these as options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back