Omnipod Podpals / adhesive overlays

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

With the latest replacement omnipod pumps Insulet sent a pack of 10 pod covers, PodPals as they call them.

According to their website the PodPals come in a pack of ten and cost £18.00 including VAT,. I have only used one and maybe this is unfair but I not pay £1.80 each overlay.

The pods don't normally bother me, I don't notice it that much but the fabric top of these I can feel all the time, its like a wound cover / dressing, I can notice it all of the time, see it under my clothes more, and they are not very adhesive. It makes the pod site huge, cannot imagine this on my arm. I have 6 hours left of this pump, so it has only just lasted the same time of the pod. If I'd been at training / playing matches this would have fallen off by now and I am worried it would take the patch with it. I would give a 4/10 and that is generous. And I haven't been sweaty or that damp, I have actually only had 1 shower in the 3 days and no soap, cream etc near the site. See images first photo is day one, others today.

At application it just wants to stick to the pod and due to the shape it’s difficult to put on, not application friendly at all. Might risk the pod getting this stuck right.

If they send some for free I say give them a go but based on libre covers I have had from other shops I would go elsewhere for the pod sticker

Attachments

• IMG_5058.jpeg
    IMG_5058.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5077.jpeg
    IMG_5077.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5078.jpeg
    IMG_5078.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I can't see my using the other 9 does anyone else who buys them want them for the price of postage?
If not I will give to the DSN team next time I see them.
Not for me at all. I don't think they are completely pointless, I just don't think they have the adhesive right on either the pods (which are much better) or these.

Back